-
Posts
11514 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by Kbird1
-
@Yusef Once again thanks ! @Lew There is no library ,you need to download the zipped file ,open the plan , and save the windows to your library , if you have a popup blocker on the download button at the top won't work. Edit: to save others that issue here are the windows in a library file....labelled looking from Outside at the Corner, let me know if I doesn't import correctly Corner Windows by Yusef.calibz Use the "Slam" method to get them to join in the Corners , at least that's what worked for me.
-
I was surprised there wasn't one too , so I made one out of the Blank Outlet in the Library and Changed the Label and CAD Block to an existing one I preferred, it doesn't have the hole or anything I didn't get that involved but here it is if it's any use to you.... Central Vacuum Outlet.calibz
-
+1 great idea a Chief video on Layout and the Project Browser http://video.chiefarchitect.com/?search=project+Broswer Is there a reason , (for example performance) , that CA doesn't automatically create a Layout file from your default Layout Template in the same folder, when you save the Plan for the 1st time ? or would that be a bad idea for some reason?
-
you can have both , x7 will bring forward your User library etc , it should ask during the install when it finds x6 already installed , but I think you still need to click on the library Menu and "Install Core Content" for Chief's default Libraries....
-
Thx Yusef , i'll check it out M.
-
I found you had to draw the "break" walls/room divider 1st , then the railing ,or drag the railing over them afterwards or it didn't work.
-
thx ...nice Tip
-
Help! How Do I Combine Inches And Meters In The Same Plan?
Kbird1 replied to dr0591's topic in General Q & A
and we have a Winner I didn't know it did that either ,always thought it was either imperial or metric per plan only , even though it displays both if needed. here Surveys are in decimal feet not Feet ( a PITA), but I've never seen one in Meters either , guess it depends on which City you have to please... I'd be surprised if the Surveyor can't convert it at the touch of a button on his equipment too though. -
use the reference layer as noted above and then the Align Wall Tool in the edit Toolbar if needed http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00475/38/Chief-Architect/Floors/Turning-On-the-Reference-Display.html and I'd suggest watching a lot more of the training manuals and downloading the Reference Manual PDF too , or you are only going to get more and more frustrated, this is complex software. please check out this thread Too https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/4969-learning-to-use-chief-architect/
-
Help W/ Converting File From X6 To Home Designer, Pretty Please?
Kbird1 replied to corneliani's topic in Seeking Services
I guess you misunderstood Dan ? as I have/had already done it for her in Post no# 6 and placed them in a Zip file with the Originals for her. -
Thanks Yusef another useful technique , I haven't played with Ramps much before , looks like I'll have to investigate that more too. Thanks for the hint , wouldn't have found that layer without it ... M.
-
make the 2nd storey from a blank plan ( don't derive from 1st floor) and draw your own walls where needed with the help of the reference floor layer. perhaps this will help too http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00904/
-
Help W/ Converting File From X6 To Home Designer, Pretty Please?
Kbird1 replied to corneliani's topic in Seeking Services
No Problem........I'll let you know where to send the 6-pack -
Help W/ Converting File From X6 To Home Designer, Pretty Please?
Kbird1 replied to corneliani's topic in Seeking Services
$500 X6 , you are optimistic try these..... Corneila.zip assuming I did it right , the files with x6_HD (home designer) at the end of the filename should open in HDA 2015... See you over at HomeTalk..... https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/forum/5-qa/ -
Help! How Do I Combine Inches And Meters In The Same Plan?
Kbird1 replied to dr0591's topic in General Q & A
ask the surveyor to provide the Data in Decimal Feet , which is what Chief and probably the Builder will use anyway.... or perhaps do a separate Site(terrain) Plan in meters and copy and paste the house outline into it you can use the secondary format in your dimensions to show meters as well as feet if needed too -
switching the library view to Vector view may help those with slower cards with that issue ..... ( in Preferences>Library) I to have the slow print dialog issue but , don't use it a lot , so no reason not to stay in X7... M.
-
Help W/ Converting File From X6 To Home Designer, Pretty Please?
Kbird1 replied to corneliani's topic in Seeking Services
if done in X6 you would need HDA2105 and the plan Default set to allowing editing in HD Products , if you have HDA 2106 , then you need the plan opened in X7 and saved for editing in HD Products...which do you have? (you haven't filled in your forum Profile Signature to let us know what you are using.) -
Thanks again Bill , not sure what I did different this time but after reviewing your Plans , your Technique worked great for me for anyone else , here is the Plan which includes Bill's How To and some of my own Notes in a Text Box. Fascia Mount Railing_Bill Emery Method.plan
-
Is It Possible To Download Chief Tutorial Videos?
Kbird1 replied to Mintplanner's topic in General Q & A
Do you have SSA ? I would assume so with the Upgrade , so yes any video can be saved though a bit of a PITA by right clicking on the video's window as it plays and clicking "save video as" , you do need to play 3-5 secs so you get the save as in the RC menu though. M.- 7 replies
-
- X7 Upgrade
- Tutorial CDs
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
For new Users the KnowledgeBase also has MANY Tutorials and is worth a visit 1st it's here http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/database.html Also Download the Reference Manual and save it to your Desktop for easy access available here on the "Getting Started Page" http://www.chiefarchitect.com/getting-started/ and don't forget all the good free videos at ChiefTutor.com http://www.chieftutor.com/chiefx1.html
-
Thanks again Bill , I have the Plan's now and will check them out , much appreciated ,as even with my years of using CA Software and lurking on the Forums, I have not seen this technique before and would never have thought of it. So I am happy that guys like you and Joe C. etc are willing to share your hard earned knowledge with us all. M.
-
that does look good Bill , thanks for posting the plan but I think you still had the plan open when you Zipped It as the file is empty. PS I think it might be the USER pushing the limits of the software in this case M.
-
Don't see the issue here either , perhaps video card related ? same computer throughout? The default material for the Porch (deck) Room is Drywall which was painted with Siding so perhaps Joe is correct? I tried a number of different configs with shadows which didn't change anything , more good evidence I think , not to Paint walls but to change the material in the Wall's DBX to the desired one..... You also have an exterior wall in the garage , (the left hand foyer/entry ) wall , and some other weirdness in the garage with the roof I think... see pic and it looks like neither wall of the Foyer/entry is align with the exterior wall it butts into...see pic
-
Thanks again Bill , that does look good , possibly the best solution yet....... I guess you don't have an invisible layer then? would you mind attaching your plan to the thread please , so I can look at your settings and wall definitions etc , my attempt has the terrain retaining wall sitting on the ground for some reason... thanks Mick
-
Looks interesting Bill , could you explain the significance of the use of Retaining Walls designation for the Invisible Walls and the use of Terrain Retaining Wall designation for the Railings . Could the Railing elevation not be controlled by setting the Deck Room's Ceiling height to say 42" ? (guard rail height here) with ceiling and roof turned off of course for the deck room. M.
