DRAWZILLA

Members
  • Posts

    8701
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DRAWZILLA

  1. no problems on this side either
  2. I also do it this way because I need a foundation plan for con doc's.
  3. Yes I have many wall elevation cameras ,and many elevation-section cameras saved in my template plan also. off to the side, then just move them into place or delete them as needed. The room problem is there but very easy to change and not a problem for me, just remember to set your default rooms first thing so when you name your rooms all the defaults come with them. Don't create your slab or raised floor until you have named the rooms first
  4. yes anything I have drawn on the template, sometimes it is better to not copy items and sometimes you need to add setup for new items.
  5. I copy all items from my old template plans to the new profile plan and import some of the other items shown
  6. I would try this using the deck tool, No railing, on the 2nd floor weather you have one or not, that's how I do lattice patio covers, at least you can adjust the deck layers and spacing to what you want. Easy to change joists direction also.. There might be some fix up but a lot faster than using p-solids.
  7. Around here we only use solid 4 x headers which has some energy efficiency just be being thick, never use the double headers.
  8. Yes, the plan views are indeed incorporated into my template plans, never have to set them up again
  9. I didn't .like it at first but now I love them and have become as fast as Scott with his hot keys.
  10. yes, I've noticed your puter a little slow lately on line, when you have go to meeting going it takes a lot of recourses.
  11. "Quickly learning" doesn't happen, I'm always learning, don't know everything yet.
  12. Scott Hall just had an online meeting about this, and we have believed for a long time ,this is a bug but never gets fixed
  13. You can now cut and shape the views any way you want. That's new also
  14. build them and watch what happens
  15. LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE TRUSSES. There is a problem with trusses framing correctly over other roofs, sometimes the eaves will not frame. with a roof below and vice versa. its been that way for a lot of versions now.
  16. Here's how, the builders ignor it in the field
  17. Taking a stab: do you have trusses on the 2nd floor.
  18. In X10 you can tell Chief where to look for libs.(data folder) wherever they might reside. Some people put the whole Data folder on another drive or Cloud service.
  19. Chief still won't generate an automatic attic wall where no wall below exists.
  20. I think I have also worked it out.
  21. Thanks Eric, I found that I had to take out the fill and that works for me. It's looking better as I dive into It. I just have to not use automatic labels and create one from the custom label field..
  22. ok Dermot I checked it out and wonder why when I turn off headers b/c They are not viewed the way I would like them to, so I want them off but I also want the label to stay on. . when I turn off the headers from view the labels shut off also. I really want to see the window not the header. ! see now it has potential with a few tweaks.