davidinvest

Deck Roof Huge Glitch

okay so I made a plan did every easy part then I started to make a deck I made it then I  made the front a gable wall then I automatically made a roof and it shows a gable roof but no wall between the both roof halfs and I tried many ways searched on youtube and everything and I don't know what to do please help me

Please let us know what software you are using, post images of the issue, and post the plan for the best answers.

okay so I made a plan did every easy part then I started to make a deck I made it then I  made the front a gable wall then I automatically made a roof and it shows a gable roof but no wall between the both roof halfs and I tried many ways searched on youtube and everything and I don't know what to do please help me

Would not that be an attic wall ( fills in between roof halves on a gable end )

Are attic walls checked to display in 'Layer Display Options"?

Go to attic floor and check the wall to make sure it is not checked to be "invisable"

Are you using a keyboard that has no punctuation?

Andy.

Try this...Edit>Default Settings>Walls>General Wall and check "Auto Rebuild Attic Walls"

On a side note, you should really watch some of the videos, read the manual(s), and utilize the Help files.  The questions you've been asking lead me to believe you probably haven't done enough of the above. 

But its not an attic wall this roof is not connected to any other roof and it is sort of on the middle

You need to attach a plan, or at the very least a screenshot.  I for one am all out of guesses and apparently have no idea what you are talking about. 

Perhaps you could take some of the remedial classes that CA offers.

Just a side note:

It should be a "Balcony Room", not a Deck.  Decks are above the ground or other Decks, not above other rooms.  It make a difference how Chief works - but that's much further along in learning how to use Chief.

How do I make a screenshot and send to this forum?

1.  Click on "More Reply Options"...post-46-0-65060000-1453947207_thumb.png

2.  Click on "Browse"...post-46-0-11145500-1453947355_thumb.png

3.  Select whatever file you want to attach (screenshot, plan file, etc.)...post-46-0-21849700-1453947412_thumb.png

4. Click "Attach This File"...post-46-0-50335600-1453947492_thumb.png

When you're all done, click "Add Reply"

How do I make a screenshot and send to this forum?

To make a file from a screen shot, I hit my PrtScn button when I have the view I want

, open PaintShop and paste the screenshot in, save the file as a .jpg, and name it what I like.

Save the new jpg to a folder you can find easily then  follow Alaskan Sons directions

And if you can post the plan you will get the help you need.

Okay great help but how to I make the screen shot itself like what button do I press when im at a desired angle?

Tools...Screen Capture...Capture Screen.

The left side of your porch roof is going to trap water against the bumped out wall.

That's not the problem the problem is that there is no gable wall between the roof and look at the ceiling roof it looks like its glitched

Now that you've learned to attach a screenshot, take the next step and learn to attach the plan file.  Make sure to CLOSE the plan before attaching it.  There are simply too many variables that come into play with the issue you're having to tell from a picture. 

If I post the plan I will never learn how to do it. Are there any videos that can help me because I searched everywhere?