How Do I Shift An Attached Garage 2' Plan North?

HD2Architects

I need to move a 3 car garage 2' plan North.  It is attached to an existing home with a second level breezeway.  What is the best way to move the garage?  PLEASE don't tell me I have to draw this over!  I have it all sent to layout with RCP, Framing and everything.  Is it possible to do this in the model or should I send it to CAD and shift it manually and abandon the model?  CHIEF v.7.

thanks

MHD

Edit...Edit Area (All Floors).

Left click and drag a selection window around the area to move.

You could then use either Transform/Replicate to Move the selection in the Y direction Relative to itself, or you could start dragging the selection in the correct direction, press Tab and enter the distance to move Relative to Start.

You will then need to do any cleanup.

Edit...Edit Area (All Floors).

Left click and drag a selection window around the area to move.

You could then use either Transform/Replicate to Move the selection in the Y direction Relative to itself, or you could start dragging the selection in the correct direction, press Tab and enter the distance to move Relative to Start.

You will then need to do any cleanup.

I use this method.   If the cleanup looks like it might be a lot (because you can only select in a rectangle fashion) another method I use is save the file as a copy "save as"xxx

Delete all the stuff but the garage.  Then select and move it.   Then you can copy it and "paste HOLD POSITION" into the old plan.   This allows you to either use the "Edit all floors", or copy over layers one by one to ensure you are getting the desired effect.

"(because you can only select in a rectangle fashion)"

Actually, you can use Edit Area with almost any shaped area.  Just draw a normal polyline in your plan and shape it however you like.  If you use the Edit Area tool while the polyline is selected, then the program will use your polyline instead of letting you draw a rectangle.

• Upvote 1

Actually, you can use Edit Area with almost any shaped area.  Just draw a normal polyline in your plan and shape it however you like.  If you use the Edit Area tool while the polyline is selected, then the program will use your polyline instead of letting you draw a rectangle.

WOW WOW WOW!!!

Thanks so much for this.   Been a looooong time user of Chief and still dont know all the little bits!

Thanks so much for chiming in!!!   Really nice to have participation from Chief on here.

Thanks!!!

• Upvote 1

Nice tip Dermot. That ones new to me as well.

Nearly Funny how many were not aware of this... Due to my 2d CAD experience with "fencing" I "lucked" into this hoping it would work and lo and behold!.. been using it a while.. CA is like a treasure hunt sometimes..

Dermot, any chance the selection could be toggled to completely enclosed entities only?..