X15 --> X16 / Changed Manually Adjusted Dimensions

JKEdmo

Chief,

Please look into and correct if possible:

One thing I noticed upgrading older X15 projects to new X16 is my manually adjusted dimensions get screwed up and I need to readjust.  Seems consistent across projects.  Perhaps others have noticed too?

Here's before:

image.thumb.png.c92c21368d299fe062b208ea580db55c.png

Here's after:

image.thumb.png.ace337b390b76b5c1fbb4c6f42996cd9.png

Thanks again,

Jim

45 minutes ago, JKEdmo said:

Chief,

Please look into and correct if possible:

One thing I noticed upgrading older X15 projects to new X16 is my manually adjusted dimensions get screwed up and I need to readjust.  Seems consistent across projects.  Perhaps others have noticed too?

Here's before:

image.thumb.png.c92c21368d299fe062b208ea580db55c.png

Here's after:

image.thumb.png.ace337b390b76b5c1fbb4c6f42996cd9.png

Thanks again,

Jim

Enable this, and see what happens.

image.thumb.png.0ff20e716bbd8fd92f2891fd4699d3c9.png

45 minutes ago, JKEdmo said:

image.thumb.png.ef54d14fee6eebfa2028bd352cad86ff.png

1 hour ago, Doug_N said:

Enable this, and see what happens.

Doug,

All that did was create dimension leader lines to the dimension values, which were put out of position by the upgrade.

I'll see if Chief chimes in on this.  Unsure if it is a "glitch."

Thanks, Jim

image.thumb.png.3a96214851126ddb5813b87bc6d34da4.png

Just upgraded another project X15 to X16.  Again, manual dimension value placement is affected:

X15 (before):

image.thumb.png.afdf4457ad1b83b614ea30419ce41d1b.png

X16 (after):

image.thumb.png.e1d6ff3233da8d440e39ae56dfd01e93.png

Anybody else seeing this?

Jim

41 minutes ago, JKEdmo said:

Just upgraded another project X15 to X16.  Again, manual dimension value placement is affected:

Anybody else seeing this?

Jim

Still haven't played a lot in X16 as far as bringing Projects forward, but this would be an Issue for me too, did you send it into TS , you may or may not get an answer Here from Chief.

M.

I see there's more of an offset between the dimension # and the line in the X16 version. Seems to only affect the short dimensions, and only the vertically oriented string. Something definitely wonky there it seems, and if I had to guess it would have to do with new dimension leader lines, as Doug kind of alluded to.

Good catch.

6 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

did you send it into TS , you may or may not get an answer Here from Chief.

I just submitted to Tech Support.  Will see if they have any input.

5 minutes ago, tundra_dweller said:

if I had to guess it would have to do with new dimension leader lines, as Doug kind of alluded to.

I bet you're right.

Jim

Just now, JKEdmo said:

I just submitted to Tech Support.  Will see if they have any input. I bet you're right.

Jim

thanks Jim , that should start the ball rolling , If I find it I will report it myself too

M.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on this? I see the problem with new plans on dimensions that won't fit on the string (usually less than 2').

I also see the dimensions moved up off the string on plans pulled from previous versions where I manually shifted the dimension text away from center.

1332985813_X16Dimensions.thumb.png.f9cccbf29b31124a94f37b1eeb944a25.png

I cannot access Chief right now, but have this thought.

In X15 draw some dimension strings and edit move all the text placements to irregular places.  Then save and close and open in X16.  Show us the two.

As of this time, we have not been able to duplicate any problems with legacy plans that show manually edited dimension labels moving when brought into X16.  The reports we have received so far have only demonstrated some problems with the automatic dimension label positions.

We did change the code that is used to automatically position dimension labels in X16 and have found some cases where the results were not as good as we would have liked.  We are working on some improvements to this code that should be available in the next update (26.2) that should be released in the near future.

If anyone can find a case where a manually edited dimension label moves when brought into X16, then please submit a bug report to our technical support team.  Please include the original X15 version of the plan and include pictures of what it looked like in X15 compared to what you seeing in X16.  We will then look into it more to see if we can identify the problem and fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2024 at 9:24 AM, Dermot said:

Please report this problem.

Just a heads up....

Just upgraded to X16 build 26.2.0.52.  Below is an X16 plan (started out as X15) that I was working on today.

I had many dimension numbers repositioned to my liking.  I then installed the new update.   Unfortunately, the new build has relocated them again, so I need to go through and correct all of these.  :(

I guess in my "ideal world", manually relocated dimensions would be "sticky" and stay put.

Wanted to post this for Chief to review and revise if doable.

Thanks again,

Jim

image.thumb.png.8de6b4f441647fc1122b5a64d6ed75ad.png