CUSTOM CUSHION Rolled Back

sthieldesign

Probably the reason you can only convert your cad lines into a molding is because it's not a "closed" polyline.  Once it is closed then you can convert it into more stuff.

A 3d cylinder, converted into a solid, can then have all of it's edges filleted to make them rounded which might look ok too.

filleted cylinders.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sthieldesign said:

I tried to do with CAD lines and convert but they only convert to moldings.

you can do it as DB mentioned, but if you want to start with CAD, start with a CAD Circle and Convert to a 3D Solid ( 1,2,3>OK) and then in the DBX that

appears change the Sizes as needed eg diameter, (match the Width and Depth in 2nd pic) , set Height etc along with the Material Of choice as well.   

image.thumb.png.3ed9859687df1edac27ddf59dcfaa49b.png  image.thumb.png.81e9c19988f9b19441c573f607d192b5.png

M.

• Like 1

The cushioned segments in the photo aren't cylinders so I tried to make something closer to what was depicted. This was simply an experiment in doing something that I don't know how to do! Here's the result. These 3d solids ground my computer to a halt even though there are only 200k surfaces.

I've also included the 3d solid as a library item. I believe it works better if it is converted to a different type of symbol before distributing on a polyline or placing in plan view.

Use at your own risk!

image.thumb.png.a70e616812815a5e75ad3daf4f8b9a59.pngcushion.calibz

• Like 1