How to show floor joists for ceiling

carowe

I am using X15  am drawing a 3 story house. The first floor has the floor joists showing - as in the picture below - but the remaining two floors have drywall ceilings. And, as you can see in the pic, there is a partial ceiling in this room as well where the skylights are.  Thought it was figured out, but when I got the joists to display on the first floor, they did on all of the floors.  Is there a way to do this?

TIA!

1500x1000 (58).jpg

You should be able to delete the ceiling finish layers from the room definition.  Not exactly sure what is what is going on on the left though if that is a separately defined room or if it would require a manual ceiling plane.

13 hours ago, carowe said:

I am using X15  am drawing a 3 story house. The first floor has the floor joists showing - as in the picture below - but the remaining two floors have drywall ceilings. And, as you can see in the pic, there is a partial ceiling in this room as well where the skylights are.  Thought it was figured out, but when I got the joists to display on the first floor, they did on all of the floors.  Is there a way to do this?

TIA!

In order to have the nice white wall finish at the end of the floor joist.... room divide the main floor directly under the 2nd floor. In addition to removing the ceiling layers on the main floor, remove the upper floor structure (leave the subfloor and finished floor), just delete the joist material from the 2nd floor. Then manually draw in a floor beam at the 2x material size you want on Level 1, place the new beam at the edge of the room divider and adjust the heigh to the underside of the sub-floor, multiple copy and add in the additional things like ducting, blocking, etc and you are done. Put these newly made beams on a layer of their own and there is no need to turn on any other floor framing.

2103341636_ExposedFloorJoist.thumb.png.281afbac15414b9675ac59fb6dd16a1c.png1819326564_ExposesJoistX-Section.thumb.png.8e158dfc0f1acac012b41d323522fdda.png