Rendering for builder

BruceKC

Thanks everyone.  David, the house in the picture is a 2D view I'm sure, with a simulated 3D terrain.  It may not be possible to get what the builder want without spending an enormous amount of time and effort.  They don't want any perspective on the house at all.  What they really want is an elevation view with the "dummied in" terrrain and trees.

What they really want is an elevation view with the "dummied in" terrain and trees

So make an elevation view and "dummy" in the terrain and trees.  The grass and sidewalk below are just poly solids drawn in an elevation view set to watercolor.  I know it looks rather cartoonish but I only spent like 2 minutes on it.  I would only spend as much time making it look good relative to how much your builder is willing to pay for it.

watercolor.png

Yep. Use an ortho view. In the plan view, line up the camera straight to the home, set it's height to like 10' from floor with no tilt, and bring in the FOV to whatever you need (this one is a 45). Built terrain and place an elevation line in front and behind the home at 0 and place one behind your camera at like -10' to make the terrain slope down toward the camera. Add in your driveway as a sidewalk so that it slopes with the terrain. Add in some vegetation and whatnot, pick a backdrop, and turn on the watercolor view. Adjust to your liking.

Pretty darn close to what you're looking for:

Watercolor.thumb.jpg.aa28420b6a8f518af32f77808d3b09ff.jpg

It looks like a 2D elevation that has been colorized by hand (or done in something like Photoshop).  You could do an elevation in watercolor, shadows on, no squiggle and no line extensions, mask out foundation or turn that off in layers, and hand it off to an artist or PS wizard.

If your client the builder has to have exactly that as shown, I see no way to do it in Chief.  The foreground "terrain," while flat, is drawn with features and lines to give it perspective, the driveway is given only a hint of texture to simulate wet pavers, and the window and door glass is airbrushed or painted to give it the appearance it is reflecting a wooded setting.  No Chief tools will do any of this.

• Upvote 1