Most OnlineNewest Member
I am ray tracing a scene with a 3D plant (from sketchup) and the shadows are showing squares rather than the actual shadow of the plant (1 pass image shown below). I have purposely moved the sun around to cast shadows to the back of the image as I have found manually manipulating the sun gives much better RTs than using natural sun angles (at least for me). I attach the skp file and what the plant looks like in the object info window of CA. Any ideas how to get rid of this square shadow? I uncheck the ray casted shadows in camera tool pre-ray trace, and it looks better but still ray traces with the square shadow.
Thanks in advance,
Blue Flax Lily.skp
Open to new work. I've been working remotely for clients for years and can easily navigate the issues that present themselves from remote work. I have plenty of references and videos demonstrating my various services. The following images are snippets from my site at www.RabbittDesign.net
I offer training-while-drafting services in Chief Architect as well as training in Sketchup, Thea Render, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Procreate.
I tend to cater to experienced designers and drafters in Chief Architect, many of which benefit from and are quite pleased with anno/layer sets, library items, toolbars, and a more cohesive folder structure and .plan and .layout files.
A few hours of my service may cut hours off of every project you have going forward.
Feel free to check out my YouTube channel dedicated to all things drafting, designing, modeling and rendering in my signature below.
Take a look at some of my recent design work in the Gallery
Also, take a look at the extensive Free Content Thread and continued free content YouTube Series:
I have a home design that I am working on in home designer professional 2020. Would eventually like to get it completed and then a set of construction prints for Nashville, Tennessee. whidh means I will need floor plans and elevation views as well as a plot plan. I have the plot drawn with some contour lines in the drawing I have developed. The house faces about due west (not the best but that is the lot I have. I have attached a picture of what I want the exterior rendering to look like. Looking for job bid. The plan file is zipped and attached. Following needs to get done and then a front rendering and the file returned with the updates. (Can pay via paypal etc)
1. Master bedroom vaulted ceiling following rafters up to height of 12 feet then flat across. House rafters will be 2x8 or 2x6 depending on span.
2. Fix the roof planes
3. Shed roof with 2 in 12 slope over the back deck. Extends out about even with the master. This is asphalt shingles. Ceiling will follow the rafters
4. The peaks (side and front larger dormer) should be board and batten not sided, the rest of the house sided, the foundation walls are stone
5. Make sure chimney carries through to the roof from fireplace in family room. Chimney is stone where it can be seen outside of house.
6. The basement foundation walls connecting to the crawl space (unfinished area) should be only 5' tall (it would just be in one area)
7. Front porch is to have a metal roof, rest of house is asphalt shingles (charcoal color but not black)
8. Stairs should be 42" wide and should be fixed . Want them closed underneath. Somehow I cant get this to look right
9. Need a front rendering showing view of the house for presentation to client
10. Need file updated to reflect these changes and has to be readable with Home Designer Pro 2020
11. Floor deck for both the first and second floor are 11-7/8 TJI with 3/4 subfloor (I think I have this right).
At any rate, looking for quote to get this done. Thanks for looking.
House Design Front Walkout.zip
Tutoring Services Architectural Drafting and Detailing Reinforced Concrete Drafting and Design Structural Drafting Services Architectural Presentation Drawings Floor Plan Drafting Services Landscape CAD Drawings Services CAD Conversion Services Kitchen and Bath Remodels 3D Design Services Rendering Services Tiny Home Design