Electromen

What is PBR?

Recommended Posts

I assume you are being Serious ? cos I think everyone thinks you are joking.....

 

It's just another Camera Technique Type Option on the Full Camera Dropdown ( at the bottom) after you shoot a View, works well for some not so much for Others....

 

16.thumb.PNG.f63dee06ae7d7439ea8528ac53592e5b.PNG

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I assume you are being Serious ? cos I think everyone thinks you are joking.....

 

It's just another Camera Technique Type Option on the Full Camera Dropdown ( at the bottom) after you shoot a View, works well for some not so much for Others....

 

16.thumb.PNG.f63dee06ae7d7439ea8528ac53592e5b.PNG

 

 

Thanks,  I found it under 3D > Rendering Techniques.  I added that Icon to my Toolbar.  So All I do is point the camera and Select PBR?

It changes immediately, there is no wait time.  Is that all I do?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Electromen said:

Thanks,  I found it under 3D > Rendering Techniques.  I added that Icon to my Toolbar.  So All I do is point the camera and Select PBR?

It changes immediately, there is no wait time.  Is that all I do?

 

 

More or Less :)  but some aren't having the best of luck for it , (like me) with the screen Whiting Out or Blacking out ,

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/16912-lets-pbr/?do=findComment&comment=143178

 

 

if that happens try my settings in this Post...they can be set in the Camera Defaults too before shooting the Camera View.

 

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/16912-lets-pbr/?do=findComment&comment=142683

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the results are decent.  Considering this took no time at all, maybe 2 seconds, it beats Ray Trace by an hour.

RT may have better resolution, but I think this is going to be my new standard in presentations.

 

 

Test PBR.jpg

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Electromen said:

I think the results are decent.  Considering this took no time at all, maybe 2 seconds, it beats Ray Trace by an hour.

RT may have better resolution, but I think this is going to be my new standard in presentations.

 

 

Test PBR.jpg

Really nice, but I think you got lucky if that is indeed your first PBR. 

I was also lucky on my first attempt but then I got bold and started tinkering and that’s when it all went south, and fast. 

I’m also on a Mac and these take about 3 to 10 seconds depending on settings. 

 

I am now comfortable with this new rendering technic after watching this short video. I basically copied all of her settings, adjusted some materials and made sure I had enough light fixtures etc...

 

check it out...

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/2426/physically-based-rendering-technique.html

 

(beats the hell out of raytracing)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching that video I am going to try PBR once again... this time with the backdrop turned off.

 

wish me good luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27478
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20
    Joined