Glass Shower Wall Question

Joe_Carrick

I like to have my bathroom tile walls show thru the glass shower door/wall.  I can't seem to get that to work even though the material of the glass shower wall is transparent.

I make the glass wall as a solid railing, no room definition, 6' tall, and insert a slab door (3/8" thick tempered glass).  It works perfectly in perspective views, but in room elevations the wall beyond the glass wall isn't visible.

What am I missing?  I'm pretty sure I had done this successfully before.

Don't use a room wall material as the inside of the glass also get painted with that material, always has, use a wall material region instead.

Perry,

I've know that for a long time.  This is really about the fact that Glass isn't transparent in Vector View Wall Elevations except when it's in a part of window or door.  If we can have the glass in Doors and Windows not be opaque, why not other glass objects?

If the glass wall is checked off as 'no room definition', you can use the delete the surface tool in vector view before sending to layout.

Whatever is behind the glass wall will now show up in layout where it previoulsy did not.

• Upvote 1

If the glass wall is checked off as 'no room definition', you can use the delete the surface tool in vector view before sending to layout.

Whatever is behind the glass wall will now show up in layout where it previoulsy did not.

Thanks Val,

I found that in fact it can be done later and the Laout simply updated when the elevation is closed.  I still think this should be an automatic.