How to import a iron door from manufacture?

CA4Ever

Two options:

1. clip an image of the door, create a material from it and apply to a slab door. 

2. create from scratch using custom muntins etc.  In that scenario I would still create

a material and apply it to a slab in section view and then create the door over top of

it tracing the muntins pver the existing.i

I do not favor doing as Dennis advocates for in your case your image also contains a water mark of the manufacturer's name which would give away what you did to emulate the door  and images do not show at all in vector view cameras (Only in Standard or Ray Traced renders). You might take a look at Chief Tutor.com where David Michael has created a "Door Symbol" quite similar to your pictured door. Take look for yourself and see if it will do.

You can do a "Search" at 3dwarehouse.com for Sketch Up door symbols to see if any of those can fill your bill. Those symbols are "free" but unlike symbols make specifically for Chief Architect there is NO quality control of these symbols in terms of quality and workability though I have had good success using them to import and add to my Library Browser in Chief.

You can make your own "Custom Muntins" within Chief but getting just the right shape for the door glass might be too difficult to effect. 

You can download the "Therma Tru" Library catalog which may have a door you can use, they use images as well but have no watermark on them.

DJP

4 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

I do not favor doing as Dennis advocates for in your case your image also contains a water mark of the manufacturer's name which would give away what you did to emulate the door  and images do not show at all in vector view cameras (Only in Standard or Ray Traced renders). You might take a look at Chief Tutor.com where David Michael has created a "Door Symbol" quite similar to your pictured door. Take look for yourself and see if it will do.

You can do a "Search" at 3dwarehouse.com for Sketch Up door symbols to see if any of those can fill your bill. Those symbols are "free" but unlike symbols make specifically for Chief Architect there is NO quality control of these symbols in terms of quality and workability though I have had good success using them to import and add to my Library Browser in Chief.

You can make your own "Custom Muntins" within Chief but getting just the right shape for the door glass might be too difficult to effect. 

You can download the "Therma Tru" Library catalog which may have a door you can use, they use images as well but have no watermark on them.

DJP

I concur.

I hate to break it to you but...  you are going to have to model that door out and make a symbol (which is going to take some time) if you want it to show up correctly.  Good news is you do 1 side and the other side is set for you (reflect).  Thats a $10-20k door set so having you spend some time modeling shouldn't be a budget buster for your client.

If you really wanted to do it the "cheesy" way, then you should start by using just a slab door style and use the pic to "stretch to fit"....not tile.

49 minutes ago, johnny said:

If you really wanted to do it the "cheesy" way, then you should start by using just a slab door style and use the pic to "stretch to fit"....not tile.

Also crop in Paint or Photoshop to have only the right door without the frame then maybe you could make a symbol and flip the symbol for the left side.  Not sure if that will all work or not but that is how I would try it.  Not that "Cheesy" if it works.  Keep us posted.

17 hours ago, CA4Ever said:

Hi,

I have a client who wants to have a iron door from manufacture like 1st picture below.  I have problem to import the iron door into my drawing in 2nd pic., please help.

Thanks.

irondoor.jpg

DoorE27.jpg

Here is my go. Chopsaw has exactly described the way for you to go with it, so I will not repeat the how to, but took few minutes to model it, and hope that solves your need for now.

Attached is a zipped folder containing the test plan, .CALIBZ material library for right and left wings and other associated files.DOOR%20MODEL.zip

door model.jpg

DOOR MODEL.zip

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Very nice Yusuf,  Thank you for taking the time to test that when I could not.  Happy 40 th.  B)

Hey Chop

You are welcome sir, and thanks for the point, hummm there is an abstract 5 on the left. Not written in black. Right?

7 minutes ago, yusuf-333 said:

hummm there is an abstract 5 on the left. Not written in black. Right?

Not quite sure what you are saying Yusuf.  Is that in reference to what David called the "water mark" ?  The left door has the manufactures website overlaid onto it for advertising and maybe copyright purposes.         http://www.iwantthatdoor.com/product-category/iron-doors/page/6/

Any way as David identified that as an issue that is why I said to just use the Right door.

Thanks for help everyone,

I used a slab door type and "Strech to Fit".  As Dave mentioned in previous post, the image only shows in Standard view but not Vector view rendering, please see images below.

Standard.jpg

Vector.jpg

Oh Chop 

Sorry, l mislead you!! I was talking about The 40th point you mentioned. I was saying I actually should be celebrating 540. The #5 is missing....hope I am some what clearer now, other wise the interpreter will chime in to clarify what I am trying to say in my broken English!!

4 hours ago, solver said:

The door part just takes a few minutes.

Snap8.thumb.jpg.9ae329a6bc43126c8517c00fbe13d694.jpg

There are various bits in the library -- look for twisted, that might be used for the ironwork. 

Hi Solver,

Go through all the library for this door but couldn't find it, what door type and model is it? Thanks.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:47 PM, solver said:

I made it (the one on the right) from a window and a poly solid. Turned it into a door symbol.

Hi Solver,

Much appreciated if you're willing to make a video of the window and a poly solid, and turned it into a door symbol.  I would love to see it.

Thanks again,

14 hours ago, solver said:

Here is the plan. 

Has the components to make the door and an example of the door as a symbol.

door plan 1.plan

Solver,

Can you have the file in older version of X8? I can't open the file since it kept saying "I am running an older version of C.A. X8....".

Thank you,

I did not have time for a video today but here are some X8 files that might be helpful. You can copy and paste from my test plan or use the library files to create your own doors in your plan.  These are individual doors as I originally suggested that can be mulled together after bumping them together with the Ignore Casing setting selected as pictured. Hope this helps.  If it does send me a PM next week and I will give you a private demo so you will know how to do it yourself next time.  Edit: It is actually not necessary to have individual doors as this works fine with a normal double door, but now I have to figure out how you did your illustration.

59098343ef4f1_IgnoreCasing.thumb.JPG.f74729c94a60326f070174cb37150fe0.JPGIron Door.JPGIron Door Test.jpg

Iron Door Library Files.calibz

Iron Door Test.plan