Where Does This Gray Color Come From In Back Clipped Cross Section...

HumbleChief

24 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

It's a wall, use the back clipped cross section and do not locate through the wall

Thanks Perry, you're right it's a wall (and roof planes above in pic?) and sometimes it's near impossible to locate through an area without a wall and can't really turn them off. Is there a setting for the gray color fill that you know about?

You could select the wall and make it invisible but that would likely mess up one or more of your other live views. Maybe a unique layer for just that one wall.  You can assign a material of "opening- no material" to the wall but the gray will not go away.  Would a Cad detail work ok for that situation Larry?

Not sure what your wall definition is but I just leave mine set to Drywall and it usually makes sense.  The gray is a little confusing but most people associate builders beige with drywall even if they hate it.

I was working with a rafter detail the other day and I thought it was strange that I required a different layerset for plan view, std view, and vector view, just for one rafter.  Nothing worked for every situation and it was a simple everyday framing detail.

12 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

No idea, does everyone see this in their back clipped CS's?

Only you will know unless you care to share the plan.  Is that a hip roof or a endwall truss with a screwed up attic wall in the background?  Or possibly just a bad cut as Graeme was pointing out. 

4 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Is it roof sheeting or an attic wall?

It is the lowest material in the Roof Surface and it only shows in the higher part of the hip roof plane because that is where the back clipping finishes - the back clip camera doesn't display anything beyond the back clipping, so you only see the top part of the hip roof.

8 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks Perry, you're right it's a wall (and roof planes above in pic?) and sometimes it's near impossible to locate through an area without a wall and can't really turn them off. Is there a setting for the gray color fill that you know about?

remember you can cut the section line and move it to wherever you want

25 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

plot lines-no color fill

Here's one for you.  Do what Perry just said.  Look at layout,  all is well,  now.........

move re that view to the next layout page......  how would you do it?

1.   Cut the view off the page and paste it on previous page?

2.   Or would you open the window DBX from layout and change the page it is on via DBX?

you will find that if you cut and paste the view,  the fills/colors will come back on .....,,

but ........

if you open the DBX of the layout window and change the page it is on,  the fills/colors will not come on.