Kudos To Ca

dshall

I am the two minute man,  just ask you know who.......  a two minute ray trace is my limit.....  I call them the "crappy ray traces" because somebody else called them crappy.....  but they work for me......  they get the idea across.....  I am into quantity,   not quality....  

....  so out comes X6 with it's quick shadows and I noticed that the render quality was almost as good as my "crappy ray trace" quality.  Do I spend two minutes on a ray trace or do I spit out these renders at 8 second clip?  The 8 second render works for me.  And then I was getting ticked off because I had to go up and select the EXPORT button in the menu....  is there a hot key for this?  Of course there is,  I quickly programed a hot key to export the jpeg image and cut off another 2 seconds.  Now I am down to 6 seconds per exported render.

The other day I was doing a kitchen remodel for a long time client,  I threw some fuu fuu stuff in,  took 16 different renders in about 3 minutes and sent them off along with the plans to him.

Next day I was measuring a job with him and he thanked me for the "ray traces".  I said they weren't ray traces,  they were renders.  He said they were awesome.  He then asked if Lynn and I wanted to join he and his wife to see the play,  "Book of Mormon".  I said sure,  how much are the tickets.  $400.00/ticket on Craig's list,  it's sold out.  I said,  "Holy Moly!",  okay,  we are in,  he then offered to pay for them,  I said not necessary,  he insisted.......  he explained that I was that important to him.

Well,  we all know it's not me who is important,  it's what I can do with  CA.  So I want to thank CA for how they have changed my business and how they have added value to my services.  

In the 7-1/2 years I have been using CA I marvel at how far this program has come.  So you guys at CA......  Thank You,  keep up the good work,  I truly appreciate all you do.

• Upvote 1

So True!  Didn't realize it, but without CA, I wouldn't have the life I currently have.  Long story short, if I hadn't come across CA, I wouldn't have met my wife and have the children I currently have.  So, I second that "Thank You".  CA has definitely changed my life for the better!

So I am in my office today,  client comes by and wants to make a few changes.  Move that wall over 6" move this roof here,  change 5 windows and 4 doors,  enlarge the kitchen,  oh yeah,  keep your door and window schedule  up to date,  oh can you also give me an updated floor plan,  how about a model I can use on the client viewer,  

"yeah yeah yeah,  okay,  I will do this for you".......

oops,  another client just texted me and they want some more renderings of the remodel I am working on,  I already sent them 38 renderings yesterday  what more can he want.......

after 1.5 hours I  wrap up with the  guy in the office,  bill him $1.50,  send him on his way,  open up second project,  shoot another 14 renderings of the second floor..... email the new renderings to them........ 

another 120 seconds out of my miserable life,  ........  now I am off to enjoy all I can eat sushi,  just don't tell  Lynn......  hey.....  it's June.....  football season is just around the corner.

Thanks again CA,  could not do it without you.

I have been using CA for 18+ years.... I have been on the forums since 1999, and have never found a more dedicated group of users.

The list of users who have helped me over the years would take pages..

The program has indeed grown exponentially since 1996, but the forum is the 'glue' that keeps me updating my SSA... 

Thanks to everyone past, present, and future for giving their time and effort to the make this a better program! 

Thank you Chief, been riding the wave since 1997! 

IMHO the best residential design software on the planet! and rockstar forum members!

I have a great new job making pretty 3d pictures of my clients dreams! :) 

Yes-- I agree with you Scott. CA has so many features to make the plans look good. I have had three building officials tell me these are the best looking plans they have seen. The only thing I take credit for is the creativity in my design but they are talking about the 3D views not my design and 3D framing views that make the project so easy to understand--this is the program not me.

I remember many years ago I had to build a foam core model of a complex house that I designed because the structural engineer said it could not be built the way I had it. It took me a week to build the model and I proved him wrong. Now that would have taken maybe a few minutes?

Jan

Wilcox Designs