Garage Door Dotted Line (swing)

BuildingDesigner

I don't believe there is a way around the dashed line with the Chief garage door.

With doing what Joe is suggesting you need to think about your goal. You can keep the garage door on your schedule by isolating in a dedicated layer. Then, for your camera views you need to create different display whether it is using a door opening in plan and then displaying the garage door for elevations.

Use a CAD Polyline (square) and make the line style and solid fill colour the same as your background colour so it blends in , so you don't see the dots in plan view but in 3d views you'll still see the door ....

M.

• 5 years later...

Would be even nicer to have the 2D plan shape editable that way we could rename the door and allow for the roller door thickness based on height and roller size.

Long overdue! I thought this would have been a simple fix / option years ago!

We use roller doors extensively and its always a work around using a white line over the top of the existing one (No fill but a heavier line weight) and a new box with horizontal  or vertical hatching to suit and installed on the same layer as the door.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:03 PM, rgardner said:

Don’t recall where I got this (pretty sure from another post). And I don’t think I actually ended up using it so I didn’t mess around with it much.  But maybe this will help?

Roll_Up_Garage_Door.calibz

That's one I posted several years ago.  I'm pretty sure it was X8 or earlier. B)

IAE, it still works and CA hasn't come up with anything better.

• Upvote 1