labels are causing a problem in elevation views

DRAWZILLA

Wow, I re-boot every day and shutdown every night. I thought it might be my mouse but I plugged in another one and, same thing.

The only other thing might be in preferences b/c those don't transfer with the plan.

Thanks for testing

Perry

Tried a front elev, all fine with labels off, turned on labels and got a freeze up had to hit f12. and same thing when turning off labels.

however after hitting f12 everything worked fine. I suspect some high graphics requirement in this plan as my card is toward the low end due to machine to be replaced in 6 months.

Perry,

I am seeing the freeze with labels off.

But I am also getting an error message that says :

This polyline solid overlaps or crosses itself. It may not look correct in 3D. Filled objects may also draw incorrectly in 2D.

It appears 3 times in a row.

Are you getting that message?

Another thing - as soon as I delete one of your sidewalks everything comes back to normal - even if I undo the deletion.

I opened it again and in trying to move things in your elevation I am getting the freezing with labels on or off. There is about 12 seconds of freezing on my machine but with labels on I had some longer freezes to the point of closing the window.

I have been working with the file shown in the attached image without any problems. I have labels on and I do a lot of editing in elevation and 3d mode.

My guess is that you have some issues based on a macro. I tried deleting the window and door macros on the front elevation but that did not help with the front elevation.

post-170-0-79524100-1399249637_thumb.jpg

Perry,

I can fix the problem by turning off Auto Build Roof Framing and Auto Build Floor & Ceiling Framing.

I haven't got a clue why this works - but it does.

Have a play with these settings and see what happens for you.

Could have something to do with the Auto Rebuild Walls Floors/Ceiling setting that Alan covered.

The poly solid error message is coming from your post brackets.

Perry

Tried a front elev, all fine with labels off, turned on labels and got a freeze up had to hit f12. and same thing when turning off labels.

however after hitting f12 everything worked fine. I suspect some high graphics requirement in this plan as my card is toward the low end due to machine to be replaced in 6 months.

Yes, but I have one of the highest cards and still having problems

Perry,

I can fix the problem by turning off Auto Build Roof Framing and Auto Build Floor & Ceiling Framing.

I haven't got a clue why this works - but it does.

I have tried that but problem come back on my end and I really need them on, that's how I do the design.. Never had a problem before.

Have a play with these settings and see what happens for you.

Could have something to do with the Auto Rebuild Walls Floors/Ceiling setting that Alan covered.

The poly solid error message is coming from your post brackets

Yes, I knew it was there, just haven't fixed those yet, and I don't think they are causing the problem.