Shadows And Color Fill In Layout Offset

landry454

Did you ever get a final answer? The same thing is happening to me:

attachicon.gifcolor fill.PNG

That did happen to me also,  I have not see it lately.  However,  I have printed  some PDF's where other layers that were turned off printed...  my print was a mess.  I just don't think I need to or do I have the time to recheck what CA produces in a PDF.

Here is an example....  this was not on there when I went to print.

post-50-0-16499500-1465249727_thumb.png

Robert, I was having that problem and reported it to tech support and it was supposed to have been dealt with in update 18.2.0.42  https://cloud.chiefarchitect.com/1/pdf/documentation/chief-architect-x8-update-notes.pdf

3.24 Layout

• Fixed a set of issues that caused Plot Lines and Color fill to not line up if a camera was

sent to layout with Perspective Crop mode turned on.

• Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented CAD objects from initially displaying in layout

boxes.

• Fixed an error that occurred when attempting to open the Layout Box Layers dialog

for camera views sent to layout as Plot Lines.

• Fixed a problem that caused Orthographic Overviews sent to layout as Current Screen

and No Scale to shift after printing.

• Fixed an issue where Perspective camera views using the Vector View rendering technique

with no color would sometimes show the backdrop image when sent to layout.

• Fixed a problem that resulted in a view previously sent to layout to appear selected

after sending a different view to layout, even if it is on a different page.

• Fixed an issue that caused elevation views containing CAD that were sent to layout at

No Scale to display incorrectly.

• Fixed a problem that resulted in the Plot Lines radio button in the Layout Box Specification

dialog being incorrectly disabled in some cases.

• Fixed an issue that caused shadows or Color Fill to be offset from their correct location

in views sent to layout in some cases.

• Fixed a problem where the backdrop would not generate correctly and lines would

disappear when updating a Perspective Full Camera view sent to layout as Plot Lines.

• Fixed a crash that could occur when opening a layout view that referenced a floor

level that had been deleted from the plan.

• Fixed a problem that caused the program to lock up when sending Plot Line Views to

Layout would lock up in the Mac version of the software.

• 2 years later...

Almost 2 years later from the last post on this thread.... This is still happening to my elevations when I check color fill. I have the latest update for x10. Doesn't happen on all of my plans though. Last plan I did turned out fine. Nice and sharp. But the one I am working on now is very off-set. Anyone have any updates on this? Been searching for answers.

plot lines color offset.jpg

3 hours ago, BeaconHill said:

Almost 2 years later from the last post on this thread.... This is still happening to my elevations when I check color fill. I have the latest update for x10. Doesn't happen on all of my plans though. Last plan I did turned out fine. Nice and sharp. But the one I am working on now is very off-set. Anyone have any updates on this? Been searching for answers.

Yes it was really bad before the X8 fix but it is still not quite right.  We just need to keep asking for it to be fixed and sending in support tickets.

Here is a more recent discussion where we found out that it is dependent on the overall width of the plan.  

Thanks for the link to that thread. Didn't come across it in my search. Seems that if I delete my terrain it improves it quite a bit. But not perfect. Going to try Live View for elevations and see how that works out when sent to PDF. Had have bad luck with Live View (update on demand) for 3D images in layout though. Just adding one will slow everything down to a crawl and unbearable to try and edit. Even when not on the page or window with the image. Delete it and everything goes back to normal. Hopefully this doesn't happen with elevations.

On 6/6/2016 at 3:13 PM, DRAWZILLA said:

YIkes!!!!!!!!!

Here is another example.  Notice the new walls and roofs.  Note that the shadows were for the previous house  prior to editing.  Why CA would not acknowledge this, is a mystery to me.

The second picture shows the shadows fixed after I updated all views whilst this page was visible.

The question is,  how can I get the new structure to show with the shadows of the old elevations if there was not some kind of issue going on?

5b2acd2c69430_ScreenShot2018-06-20at2_51_20PM.thumb.png.857d14ce0e69e12fc48f9d2037df96f1.png             5b2acd32d8736_ScreenShot2018-06-20at2_54_44PM.thumb.png.698af91059ebe6d811bcead12ac069a4.png

22 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

sorry Buddy, I just don't have that issue in windows, so I'm not sure What you are asking..

Hey P.  not asking anything,   just making a comment that my shadows do not update unless I am on the layout page that has the elevations.

Glenn, do you have the problem with your mac?  If not,  maybe we can do a quick GTM and I can show you what happens,  maybe I am doing something wrong.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dshall said:

maybe I am doing something wrong.

Scott,  I think it is supposed to work that way and is not specifically a Mac issue.  You just created an extreme example but it has always been that way as far as I know unless you are set to "Always Update" and then maybe there is an issue.

7 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Scott,  I think it is supposed to work that way and is not specifically a Mac issue.  You just created an extreme example but it has always been that way as far as I know unless you are set to "Always Update" and then maybe there is an issue.

I thought when I hit the button shown,  ALL elevations would update INCLUDING THE SHADOWS.  

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 11.00.25 AM.png

1 minute ago, dshall said:

I thought when I hit the button shown,  ALL elevations would update INCLUDING THE SHADOWS.

Yes as with lots of other aspects of the software that could be much more clearly defined.  I think that is the same action that takes place during the update that happens when you print and it is not a complete update as it suggests.  I believe the only exception is the one you have found for sections and elevations.

9 hours ago, dshall said:

Glenn, do you have the problem with your mac?  If not,  maybe we can do a quick GTM and I can show you what happens,  maybe I am doing something wrong.

Scott,

I haven't come across something as obvious as your example.

Happy to have an online session - let me know when.

I think you work off a template with cameras already set up with views already sent to layout?

That sort of setup may be causing a problem with remembered shadows.

10 hours ago, glennw said:

Scott,

I haven't come across something as obvious as your example.

Happy to have an online session - let me know when.

I think you work off a template with cameras already set up with views already sent to layout?

That sort of setup may be causing a problem with remembered shadows.

Glenn,  I will send you a GTM invite at 4:00 am Saturday which is 9:00 pm Sunday your time.......  if your are available that would be great.   Thank You

Hey,  if you guys can beat Peru Wednesday midnight  Aussie time (or very early Thursday morning ,  you should move on to the next round.  I will be rooting for the the Aussies.

BTW,  when is Sydney going to move to PST like the rest of the world?

9 hours ago, dshall said:

BTW,  when is Sydney going to move to PST like the rest of the world?

If I knew what PST was, I may be able to answer your question.

If you mean Pacific Standard time, I am even more confused because that is a time zone that covers west coast USA - how could Sydney (or the rest of the world) move to that?  :wacko:

• 3 years later...

Color fill offsets when sending elevations to the Layout.

I searched for a fix on this bug but haven't been able to get to the root of the problem. It doesn't happen to all of my elevations, maybe just one out of a bunch that I send to the layout, when I do a color filled plot line box. Could it be my graphics card or PC? Maybe it's time to get a new computer? Don't know.  It's a little frustrating. I'm on CA 13.

Just after posting this I went back and turned off my terrain perimeter layer in the Layout Box Layers, It fixed itself. I been trying for months to get rid of this bug and all of the sudden by turning off the terrain perimeter layer it got rid of the problem. Tried it with a couple of elevations and turned out well. 

Went from this:                                                                                                                To this:

elevation.PNG  271273195_Capture2.thumb.PNG.40732241a1a09350fcab459d798f2cbc.PNG

Edited by snoopy1963
Color fill offsets when sending elevations to the Layout.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, snoopy1963 said:

just after posting this I went back and turned off my terrain perimeter layer in the Layout Box Layers, It fixed itself. I been trying for months to get rid of this bug and all of the sudden by turning off the terrain perimeter layer it got rid of the problem. Tried it with a couple of elevations and turned out well. 

This is a known problem here on the Forum with VERY large Terrains.....

always best to start you own thread too..... Might even want to put it in the Tips Forum now?

M.

• Like 1