landry454

Shadows And Color Fill In Layout Offset

Seems to be some sort of bug in X8. Here is what i get when i try and re link an elevation from an earlier version of the house (with an 8/12 pitch roof) to the newer saved plan file with a 6.5/12 roof pitch. 

I realize this is a beta version and there are bound to be bugs. Where and how do you report this?

pitch change.pdf

Actually, if you blur your eyes it doesn't look that bad...

(a joke)

• Upvote 1

I'm don't think it's a bug b/c it doesn't happen to me. Did you actually open the layout elevation view and close it again. Are your settings correctly set for each camera. This is new and when bringing plans forward there are new settings to adjust.

Since you're only showing us PDF's I wonder if the actual file looks this way when you zoom in??  Perhaps try another way to make a PDF or print directly from CA.

Here are a couple of screen shots showing the same thing, One from camera view one from the layout. Also a different project. However i did pull up some older jobs and turn shadows in layout on and they look fine. 

I'm just not sure what would cause this for these current jobs i am working on. I have checked and unchecked just about every setting i can find. 

The shadows on layout make the elevations look so much better i really want this to work right. I will be in touch with the Chief people on Monday hopefully they can help.

On a side note, thank you to all who post on this forum. Every time i have a problem i can usually find an answer on here to help me out. Good work people. Keep it up.  

post-524-0-85706000-1456010493_thumb.jpg

post-524-0-85012300-1456010509_thumb.jpg

What happens when you turn Print Preview on? 

What happens when you print?

Is the same problem visible in the print?

What happens when you turn Print Preview on? Doesn't change anything. 

What happens when you print? Comes out the same.

Is the same problem visible in the print? Yes.

Attached are the layout and backed up plan files in a zip folder. Not sure if this is how you do it or not but should work i think.

backup.zip

You did that correctly.  And I agree with Glenn.  Send it in to tech support.  I think its a bug.  I get the same thing on my end. 

For what its worth, the issue only seems to happen when selecting Plot Lines instead of Live View when sending to layout.  Live view seems to work fine. 

Looks ok to me. this is plot lines also.

Interesting. I wonder what you're doing differently.

Yes, I did open and close some views and that's all I did.

Interesting. I tried the same thing. Definitely doesn't work on my end.

landry, did you send this in to tech support yet? Or has anyone else sent the issue in?

I did hear back from them and they will be working on it to help me out. I will let you know what I hear.

I did hear back from them and they will be working on it to help me out. I will let you know what I hear.

Did you ever get a final answer? The same thing is happening to me:

post-95-0-22596700-1465216606_thumb.png

Do you have the latest and greatest update for X8?

Do you have the latest and greatest update for X8?

Yes. Build 18.2.1.2x64.

Reason I ask is that there was a problem similar to that in early X8 but was fixed. I don't know b/c it doesn't happen to me which leads me to think some setting is wrong somewhere.