Roof Material Definition

DTCBuild

That makes no sense.  Should be in "materials".  My two cents

Just one man's opinion, but I think they've done the right thing.  They've set it up to work more like wall and room definitions where multiple layers can be assigned.  I think it makes for better organization and stability under the structure tab where they have it now. 

Changing the default material does not update the roof planes like it used to.

I think it's fine to have the roof layers brook down the way they do, but you should be able to change the material default and have the roof surface change they way it used to. Now you need to either "edit all roof planes" or rebuild roof. Rebuilding roof is fine if you don't have any manually drawn roofs.

Changing the default material does not update the roof planes like it used to.

I think it's fine to have the roof layers brook down the way they do, but you should be able to change the material default and have the roof surface change they way it used to. Now you need to either "edit all roof planes" or rebuild roof. Rebuilding roof is fine if you don't have any manually drawn roofs.

Just use the material painter.

I have not had good results using the material painter for roofs. It sometimes gives unintended results when applying to a roof with cape dormers.

It was just as easy to open materials and change the default for roof and ridge cap. Now the only thing that adjusts with this method is the ridge cap.

• 3 months later...

I've tried the floor and plan painter to fix sash and trim colors but it changes the whole window. If I want brite white interior and exterior sash and brute white interior trim and dark grey exterior trim when I set these on one window and click the painter eye dropper and select say the exterior trim and click on the another exterior trim piece everything on all windows turn grey. What am I doing wrong?