What Recommendations For Exposed Sloped Roof Beams?

4hotshoez

I have a remodel of a 1950's house with a low slope roof shed style with sloped beams (3 1/2" x 11 1/4") that are exposed inside and out. What is the recommended modeling object for these? This is a first for me for something like this in Chief.

Thanks

post-2194-0-03232800-1429211757_thumb.jpg

Can I set the beams/Rafters where I want? And I assume I use the "Rafter" button with all of its settings? If so, I will need to do some training on framing rafters.

I may have a question latter about the "no ceiling finish" as in the past, I have selected no ceiling in a room and the drywall goes to the bottom of the rafter. This will be a fun and different type of project, which will require me to learn some other things in Chief.

I just did a similar roof for an as built duplex plan.

In this case the ridge was a massive 4 x 16 beam

running the length of the structure and the rafters

are 4 x 6's on 48" centers. 2 x 6 tongue & groove

for the roof/ceiling.

post-126-0-34671600-1429248673_thumb.png

post-126-0-64409700-1429248690_thumb.png

post-126-0-26450600-1429248707_thumb.png

There is a flat roof and a low slope roof build in the 50's with very little thought of insulation, even in our Michigan climate. We will be re-roofing with ridged foam board above the T&G roof deck. I noticed that when I set framing rafters to the proper beam depth that the wall will not build up to the exposed deck, but stops at the rafter depth. Does this fill in later when I do  the framing?

Todd, if you make the framing  sub- fascia's gable and eave  1/16",  the exterior surface will go to the top of the beams

Now that my friend is secret handshake.  Thx.  However,  we do  not have the interior finish going up to roof sheathing.

This is the kind of stuff I bet CA does not know about,  yet this is not uncommon stuff in our neck of the woods.

Here is something that bugs me,  after I build a roof and frame it,  I can not change how the rafter blocking is set up.  

Now that my friend is secret handshake.  Thx.  However,  we do  not have the interior finish going up to roof sheathing.

This is the kind of stuff I bet CA does not know about,  yet this is not uncommon stuff in our neck of the woods.

Here is something that bugs me,  after I build a roof and frame it,  I can not change how the rafter blocking is set up.  

Yep, Framing is a kind of, "Let's try that and see if it works " kind of thing, especially the bearing lines, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't and sometimes just moving them works

It bugs me too.