Updated...and Then The Problems Started

Canuck

I updated my X7 couple of days ago and starting yesterday I had multiple malfunctions of the software. When I placed a door or window into the plan and opened up the DBX, the software would not open and sent an error message, I reported the first couple and just stopped doing as such because I'm sure the programmers have got the message of the problem existing. This morning I had the same issue twice so far. Shutting down and going sailing. It will be more productive.

Has anyone else had this issue? 

I would try to re-download and re-install, it all just doesn't sound kosher to me  .

I would try to re-download and re-install, it all just doesn't sound kosher to me  .

I have not downloaded yet, it sounds like the latest version is not as stable as it should be.

I have not downloaded yet, it sounds like the latest version is not as stable as it should be.

I disagree,  X7 has been an excellent release for me.  Not a lot of bells and whistles,  but a stable release......  I am on a MAC.

Richard,

What is your System Configuration?  This sounds like the problem with some older computers using HD2000 Graphics Cards and Drivers.

I had this sort of problem on one of my systems and just decided to spend a couple hundred bucks for a new NVidea Graphics Card.

IAE, contact support for to see if they can help.

Slowness opening the print dialog should have been fixed in the latest update.

We are aware of a crash on Mac running Yosemite using the trackpad that crept into the latest update, but other than that it appears to be a lot more stable. We are fast tracking a fix for the Mac track pad crash.

If you are having reproducible crashes it would probably be a good idea to get with support to narrow down the cause as it is not what we are typically seeing.

Richard,

What is your System Configuration?  This sounds like the problem with some older computers using HD2000 Graphics Cards and Drivers.

I had this sort of problem on one of my systems and just decided to spend a couple hundred bucks for a new NVidea Graphics Card.

IAE, contact support for to see if they can help.

Joe, its a Toshiba Satellite Laptop (17" screen)

Intel ® Core i7-3610 QM CPU @ 2.30 Ghz

8Gb Ram

Intel (CR) HD Graphics 4000

NVIDEA Ge Force GT 630M

Xeon ® Processor E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core.

This should be more than capable of keeping up. I haven't bothered upgrading the pc because I know X6 was having processing issues. Once we get moved to the new office and are settled in I'll be buying new PCs for the office. Until then I'll be suffering with the Laptop's 17" screen and letting the PC & dual 24"s take a break. ;)

Actually Graeme, I should say I had my IT tech set it up. We have a deal in the office. I design, do the accounting, and make sure the money comes in. My IT deals with the computers, looks after the web stuff and makes sure the coffee is always brewed. I know just enough about computers to be dangerous. :unsure: