Updating To X7, How Much Work Is It?

4hotshoez

This will be my first upgrade and I have several projects at different phases. I would like to take advantage of X7 now, but I have concerns that I might get caught in a corner with no time to fix anything. Aside from the time to down load X7, how much time and work is it to make the switch? Or can I just download and switch to X7 with a way back to X6 if I find I got in over my head for the amount of time I have?

Do I need to re-download all of my libraries? What happens to all of my user libraries? What else might take time?

Everything will come over to X7, libraries etc..  X6 will still be installed but the plan files will default to X7. You can always change this. I think most have made the switch with no problem but maybe wait until you hear from others if you want.  I thin most of the glitches have been hardware related for older computers.  You can always try one plan in X7 and go from there if you don't have any problems.

Just try it.  You can have X6 & X7 at the same time.  If X7 is too slow for your hardware you don't have to use it.

I have X7 installed on 3 different machines.  The oldest machine had an Intel HD2000 Graphics card that I upgraded for a couple hundred bucks to an NVidea with 2GB Ram.  It works fine.

Todd,

In X6    File->Export->Export Hotkeys (will be XML)

In X7    File->Import->Import Hotkeys (XML)

This is no problem.

Thanks Joe, I was using the Tools>Toolbars and Hotkeys>Create Hotkey List, which makes HTML