Roof Pitch Indicator

country

That is what I was afraid of. I am used to dragging a line along the slope with the indicator tool and having it give mre the pitch. When I am working on a few different con docs at the same time it helps to not have to remember which one has what pitch. It will be faster to draw 2 lines and input the numbers as opposed to bringing something from the library and adding numbers.

I have made one left and one right for every pitch or when I did a new pitch I would draw the cad line I wanted put in my text and block it save it to a new lib call roof pitches then when ever I need that particular one just open lib select and paste doesn't take to long to make them of make them on the fly block them and add to the your lib under pitches

Just in plan view it would seem.

Incorrect, it also shows pitch in elevation, turn on layer. At one time I did the "typical" pitch indicator. I now rely on auto label in elev. view. Not typical but guaranteed to be accurate.

I turned on roof label in my cross-section /elevation and nothing showed up. Is there something else I should be using Scott?

See pic below,  I know it is not what you want,  it shows the pitch of the roof that is facing you,  but this is what I am doing now until they give us the indicator that we are all familiar with.

Here is my take,  I have looked at many many plans done by architects and designers,  and they do not always show the pitch on every section,  so why should I?  But anybody interested in a pitch can look at the elevations or the roof plan for an ACCURATE roof pitch that has no chance of being wrong.

post-50-0-18754700-1425396810_thumb.png

..... I know around here the guys like to see the pitch like in the attached picture

I know,  but it is not live and there is the potential for error...  if live no error.  My goal is to do no CAD work and no TEXT blocks if I can help it.

I know,  but it is not live and there is the potential for error...  if live no error.  My goal is to do no CAD work and no TEXT blocks if I can help it.

I agree about errors I will do this on a couple plans and see the feed back I get

How do you label your sections without text blocks? Sorry I am off topic but I had to ask.

I try to minimize text blocks.  I am putting less and less text blocks on sections since this info is often shown elsewhere....  depends on what I need to emphasize.  And if I use text blocks,  they are usually "Perry's Macro Method".....  

I keep most of my notes in the lib. I also store notes, I use all the time, in Ruby b/c if I need to change a note, just change the macro text and it changes everywhere on the plan, not just the one instance.

So very much to learn and no time to learn it. 9 jobs on the go at once is 5 too many. 3 in Chief and 6 that were started in Vectorworks. I try to switch off days because it gets confusing. Off to the salt mines I go.......

I try to minimize text blocks.  I am putting less and less text blocks on sections since this info is often shown elsewhere....  depends on what I need to emphasize.  And if I use text blocks,  they are usually "Perry's Macro Method".....  

Do you mean elevations?  I put all of my text / notes on cross sections and my elevations I leave completely clean with no notes or elevation data etc.  I always looked at it as the elevations were for visual representation and the cross sections were for construction. 

I also do a cross section of each different type of roof condition while quite a few others I notice will only do one or two general cross sections and put the rest of the info on the elevations.  To each his own......

I've been experimenting with using a Symbol as a Roof Slope Indicator and having a Ruby Macro update the Label in the Elevation View.  It kind of works but I'm still having a little difficulty with placement.  It may be more trouble than it's worth but it should be easy for CA to program such an annotation object.

Scott I forgot about the label in elevation thanks, I always use it in my roof plans I will try it, I know around here the guys like to see the pitch like in the attached picture

We do it the same way here Ray , had not thought to block and add to the library ..Duh !  perhaps you wouldn't mind exporting your Roof Pitch library and posting it so Sherry and I don't need to reinvent the wheel , thanks.

M.