Toilet Glow

mtldesigns

Why do my toilets, no matter the scenario (except at night) always glow?  I know its a thrown to some, but...  Any idea on how to fix?  I have moved the sunlight from different directions, always a roof or foundation in place, but still a glow.  All my plans this occurs..  

I have these as matte too..  

BROWN IFR G M. BATH 2.jpg

Interesting. 

There's no apparent property setting which would create a mysterious glow.

What happens if the porcelain gets changed to another material? Like a color perhaps? 

Example... the base board and shelving above are fine.

Can the toilet take on those properties as a test. 

1 hour ago, mtldesigns said:

Why do my toilets, no matter the scenario (except at night) always glow?  I know its a thrown to some, but...  Any idea on how to fix?  I have moved the sunlight from different directions, always a roof or foundation in place, but still a glow.  All my plans this occurs.

I have actually never seen this happen, which symbol is this , or it is all of them?  if so post a simple 20'x20' box house showing the Issue , so we can all have a "play"

and try and figure it out , maybe a Template setting or ? as I haven't seen a Toilet glow like you put a rope light behind it :)

M.

19 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Is part of the symbol sticking into the wall?

Nope...  actually 1/2" off.  There is a room on the other side of this wall too, not an exterior wall.  

53 minutes ago, VHampton said:

What happens if the porcelain gets changed to another material? Like a color perhaps

Here it is as white...

Symbol

K-3983-S Reach Toilet

Standard Toilet

16 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

like you put a rope light behind it :)

That's going to be a design trend in 2024... lol.

6 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

if so post a simple 20'x20' box house showing the Issue

I will do this tomorrow, because if its not happening with you all, then I am def curious now.

There is a slight glow from the bowl area too...  umm... what the heck did they eat,  :-)

Screenshot 2023-12-17 231105.png

Screenshot 2023-12-17 231930.png

Strange.  The only way I could replicate your issue was to build a room behind the toilet add a window and have the light from the sun hit the back wall directly where the toilet is.

Try turning off the sun, or rotating the direction of the sun.

With Window in room behind:
image.thumb.png.90be7ecf75d29913c78ad2545ab9da6c.png

Without Window in room behind:
image.thumb.png.a4b72e304468a052d6eae0c094536a28.png

31 minutes ago, DeLayDesign said:

room behind the toilet add a window and have the light from the sun hit the back wall

There is something to this for sure.  

A quickie plan with two toilets is attached.  You can see the sun is coming form the opposite wall that where the glow is shown

on toilet 2.. whereas toilet 1, on an outside wall, has no glow.

11 hours ago, DBCooper said:

One of these maybe?

Cool.. but I am not touching it to change the batteries... 

toilet 1.jpg

toilet 2.jpg

TOILET HOUSE 1.plan

Seems like an issue for sure - turning off the sun makes the glow go away in the second scenario... 

If you want/ need the sun on, here is my setup for rendering that I think can help.

Your rendering global illumination daytime backdrop intensity is really high for an interior view. (10,000).  There is no real need for it to be this high.

Try this on your actual model instead and see if it helps.

image.thumb.png.f31be7c470917f6e4b50d09620155220.png

image.thumb.png.f90725acba5595d19ac65b44b43460dd.png

31 minutes ago, DeLayDesign said:

intensity is really high for an interior view. (10,000).

I made this 10000 when at one time the walls were grey, just seemed real dark.  Now that they are am off white, I can adjust like what you mentioned.  Stay tuned.