Roof settings

DamienT

I don't know why CA has roof structure and ceiling settings in a million different places, but I've set roof structure settings for rooms, roof and framing at 350 to insert roof trusses, and it keeps inserting a 42mm roof space, even though it says 90mm. I can manually change it to 350, but when I draw another roof plane it goes back to 90mm.

Anyone know why it won't keep the original settings and why CA has so many roof and ceiling settings everywhere? 

FB_IMG_1699112281556.jpg

If you change the defaults for the roof, it won't change any existing roof planes.  You would then need to either rebuild the roof planes, redraw them, or modify them manually.  If you are using the automatic roof tools, it is usually easiest to just rebuild them.  If you are using manual roofs, there is a handy tool called "edit all roof planes" that lets you change them all at once.  The other thing "edit all roof planes" lets you do is to see if all of your roof planes are set the same because if they are not it will say "no change" everywhere the settings don't match.

If this doesn't help you solve your problem, then you might need to give us some more info and post a plan.

20 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

then you might need to give us some more info and post a plan.

Best bet for sure , I have a feeling perhaps you Roof Structure is setup incorrectly.....

You haven't done your Forum Signature so we also don't know what Version of Chief you are using which in this case is likely needed info as the Roof Framing etc has changed and we can now do Purlins etc in X15  here's how to do that please.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/18908-signature-here-at-chief-talk/?tab=comments#comment-155662

Mick.

I always just assume they are using the current version of premier unless they say otherwise.  If they aren't, and my help doesn't actually help them, then oh well.  Can't always trust signatures anyways because lot's of people forget to update them.  And when you go back and read old posts, the signature will tell you what they are using now, not the version they were using when they made the post.

5 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

I always just assume they are using the current version of premier unless they say otherwise. 

Same here. Especially now with subscription and the end of license transfer, most all newbies are going to be using the latest version.

But it was never an issue for me anyway, even before that.

Not anymore for me at least, spending 10 mins on a Help post to find out they have a 3 yr old version is inconsiderate. Nothing against the OP but he hasn't posted since 2021 and He never replied to either post back then so I will leave you two to it....

M. 

On 11/4/2023 at 1:27 PM, Kbird1 said:

Not anymore for me at least, spending 10 mins on a Help post to find out they have a 3 yr old version is inconsiderate. Nothing against the OP but he hasn't posted since 2021 and He never replied to either post back then so I will leave you two to it....

M. 

Half the time I'm here on my phone and sigs don't even show. So for that reason, it would be more useful to me when they mention their version in the title or OP.

But honestly, I never cared. 

On 11/4/2023 at 4:33 PM, solver said:

He has posted under a different username, and he usually asks questions on the Facebook group, like this morning when he asked this same question.

811788521_ct1.png.61c981912ce992163c2a0784cc4fe275.png

I don't FB , never have, so I would never see this , but he hasn't been back here since post this yest. , if it was solved on FB , he could of posted back here so people weren't wasting their time replying.

23 hours ago, Chrisb222 said:

Half the time I'm here on my phone and sigs don't even show. So for that reason, it would be more useful to me when they mention their version in the title or OP.

This is why one reason I think Chief should just include the Version under everyone's Avatar, it would be Soooo Muuccch  easier.....  especially since they insist on sending Home Designer Users to the Chief Forum instead of their own - Hometalk Forum.

M. 

9 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

I don't FB , never have, so I would never see this , but he hasn't been back here since post this yest. , if it was solved on FB , he coold of posted back here so people weren't wasting their time replying .

This is why one reason I think Chief shuld just include the Version under everyone's Avatar, it would be Soooo Muuccch  easier.....  especially since they insist on sending Home Designer Users to the Chief Forum instead of their own - Hometalk Forum.

M. 

I answered his question in FB as it’s a bit different how he asked it.  He hasn’t acknowledged that post either…

Eric,

You make a very good point.  Why even have a Facebook page for users, when the very best forum for users is right here!   I followed the FB page for a while but found it frustrating and mostly trivial.  I have work to do, and so no reason to follow two groups for the same purpose.  

Hi DT, are you trying to put trusses in between a roof plane & a ceiling plane ? If so then you probably need to draw both types to do that in a skilion roof type scenario ? Hope you get it sorted. 

have fun.