Best sample renders?

RobertCanada

Bit hard to tell really as you won't get the "Results" seen/mentioned above with a simple Click of a button OOB, , it's as much about Lighting and Materials as anything else, and most take their work into a Photo App afterwards too for enhancements, though X15, with the new De-Noising filter is better than previous versions.

M. 

2 hours ago, RobertCanada said:

I feel like there are probably some users out there that are pushing the boundaries of what is possible for 3D renders further than the samples provided on the company website. I'm interested to see what is possible using CA. How realistic can it look?

no CA render can compare using Twinmotion.

• Downvote 2

8 hours ago, rgardner said:

Sounds like a challenge

I think Chief’s interior rendering ability has come a long way and on par with TM. 
Exterior rendering is still a challenge in Chief. 

The real problem is workflow. 
Chief’s paradigm of, open dbx, close dbx, open dbx, close dbx, is maddening. 
Just ridiculous.  
Chief needs to incorporate a “status bar” so that when you select an item you have access to the main parameters of that item. 
This way you can adjust on the fly and see the real-time effects of those changes. 

Especially for renderings, having sliders to adjust, colour, texture, lighting etc on materials, in real-time, as in TwinMotion, is paramount. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Michael_Gia said:

I think Chief’s interior rendering ability has come a long way and on par with TM. 
Exterior rendering is still a challenge in Chief. 

The real problem is workflow. 
Chief’s paradigm of, open dbx, close dbx, open dbx, close dbx, is maddening. 
Just ridiculous.  
Chief needs to incorporate a “status bar” so that when you select an item you have access to the main parameters of that item. 
This way you can adjust on the fly and see the real-time effects of those changes. 

Especially for renderings, having sliders to adjust, colour, texture, lighting etc on materials, in real-time, as in TwinMotion, is paramount. 

That would be a great improvement to Chief, far more efficient that the current system. I agree that Chief rendering has come a long way over the last couple of versions. This was rendered in X14...

673792786_1350FlowerCt-LRDRPBRRT-03a.thumb.jpg.883714d5f00227170e4dfc85249324f7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, ericepv said:

This was rendered in X14..

Really nice work. 
If I may offer a critique, your furniture seems to be floating. Look closely around the furniture legs and their lack of shadow on the floor. 
Below is a screen grab from one of René Rabbit’s videos, so it is possible to eliminate this effect in Chief. Look at the stools.
This is characteristic in a lot of renderings, and the litmus test for me when it comes to judging how well a software can render. 
Chief can do this. I wish I knew how René achieves this. Maybe he’ll chime in. 

image.thumb.png.f58b840e723e0579412432bd1632b64b.png

4 minutes ago, Michael_Gia said:

Really nice work. 
If I may offer a critique, your furniture seems to be floating. Look closely around the furniture legs and their lack of shadow on the floor. 
Below is a screen grab from one of René Rabbit’s videos, so it is possible to eliminate this effect in Chief. Look at the stools.
This is characteristic in a lot of renderings, and the litmus test for me when it comes to judging how well a software can render. 
Chief can do this. I wish I knew how René achieves this. Maybe he’ll chime in. 

image.thumb.png.f58b840e723e0579412432bd1632b64b.png

I see what you're referring to, it must be in the lighting. René, can you share your secret?

18 minutes ago, ericepv said:

I see what you're referring to, it must be in the lighting. René, can you share your secret?

27 minutes ago, Michael_Gia said:

the stools.

AO and roughness maps make all the difference to fix the float.

Also, I still get light leaking glitches, which can be fixed by moving the camera around a bunch and refreshing the build until it goes away, haha, probably my biggest secret.

10 hours ago, rgardner said:

challenge

I know the purists want a one-stop-shop but I have never met a top tier pro rendering artist that didn’t use photo tools for an edit. 
my best and most efficient single-angle exterior renders come from chief, and they look better than Twinmotion, but I am masking in a photo for that, which, if we’re being honest, is way faster to do than use Twinmotion and looks more realistic.

E2396715-9437-4429-9127-FC829563C82B.thumb.jpeg.e9fddacfcb28aaa1549f46f6adc74b3a.jpeg