Area sqft schedule

rectordesign7

there are two ways that I know of:

1. Creating room polylines, where the room is the outside area of the floor (click just outside the outside walls), and then using a schedule or marco to add them up. Downside to this is if you change an outside wall, you have to recreate the polyline

2. Using a room label macro where it looks for the "living area", and then assigns that to a variable depending on floor. Downside to this is there is a fair amount of overhead in the macro to ensure the values are kept in sync and not affected by other open plans. I posted a rudimentary version of this a while back in the tips and tricks. Other downside to this is it is only floor area, some people have requirements for patios, decks, garages, etc.

• Like 1

The OP asked for a room by room schedule, was shown one that was instead floor by floor, said hey that's perfect.

Changed horses midstream.  Hey, anyone can change their mind.

So I'm asking, show us right here how to produce what the OP says is perfect.

16 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

The OP asked for a room by room schedule, was shown one that was instead floor by floor, said hey that's perfect.

Hi Gene,  

That is not quite how I read the question and no horses were harmed.

If someone wants to share beyond what Jason has described above I am ok with that but so far the way this works is if you want to take your presentation beyond what CA is providing it take hundreds of hours research and tinkering to prefect some of these things and there are a few of us that have done that and are willing to share for a little bit of compensation.  So you need to decide if you are ok with what CA is providing or if you want to be ahead of the curve and use some of these creations by the "program magicians".

33 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

I think you misread, haha, the OP said they knew how to do a room by room but NOT floor by floor