guys can you please help how to make dimensions to count by 1000 mm please,i need to avoid those irrational numbers..

Ntsako

One metre increments are very big steps.  Do you mean that you want to design in metric then using a metric template is a good place to start.

1460159650_TemplateFiles.thumb.jpg.0fe3544f9c483ea0ad4257d9d5653351.jpg

This is available when you first launch CA.

2000533267_OpeningDialog.thumb.jpg.b4cb7f2e94e873644a61eb62ceab1249.jpg

Click on the "New From Template"  and you will be given a choice of which template to start your drawing from.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Another thing that may be helpful is to set your "Snap Grid" to 1000 mm  in General Plan Defaults.

If you can be more specific as to where and when you need this there may be other suggestions.

Thanks a lot,will try that.

1 hour ago, Gawdzira said:

I am no Canadian but I have played one on T.V.. I don't think 100cm is going to solve this problem. Maybe try 1000 mm?

Edit, I watched a Canadian on T.V.. I played a Rastafarian on T.V.. I get them confused.

1000 mm grid snaps would make your cursor jump 39.37 inches at a time. How would this be useful?

It takes more than playing a Canadian to be a Canadian.  You have to have maple syrup for blood. 

1 minute ago, Doug_N said:

How would this be useful?

There is still no reference as to what this is being used for.  For all we know they may be laying out a subdivision on a 1000 hectare development.

38 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

There is still no reference as to what this is being used for.  For all we know they may be laying out a subdivision on a 1000 hectare development.

And property boundaries would all be in even metre increments?   It would be useful to know the need though.  

6 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

And property boundaries would all be in even metre increments?

Well definitely not on any old survey done in Canada but quite possibly on a brand new layout in an area that uses Metric.

Have a look in the Roof Plane Specifications DBX

Shadow Boards Panel
The settings on the Shadow Boards panel allow you to specify one or more fascia shadow board profiles that follow the selected roof plane’s eaves. See Shadow Boards.

The settings on this panel are like those on the Moldings panel found in many dialogs in the program. See Moldings Panel.

Also it is best practice to start a new thread for a completely new subject.

6 hours ago, Ntsako said:

eix,i failed to add shadow boards can ypu please show me steps to do it?

Best to start your own thread or better yet a quick search for how to do something.

googled: chief architect shadow board and got this video as top response here it is talking about frieze board which is the next nearly identical panel down from shadowboard in the roof dbx.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/708/frieze-molding.html