builtright3

Base Molding

Recommended Posts

Open the dbx for the wall General>Options>No Room Moldings Interior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, glennw said:

Open the dbx for the wall General>Options>No Room Moldings Interior.

 

Thanks Glen!
Was that new with X11 or 12 because I don't remember that option being there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was new to X12.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.. I learned something new today too.  I always did the old fashion way and edited the room molding polyline.  

 

Thanks Glen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

Wow.. I learned something new today too.  I always did the old fashion way and edited the room molding polyline.  

 

Thanks Glen.  

Yes, thats what I mean. I did the room molding polyline also. It's hard to keep up with the changes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

Wow.. I learned something new today too. 

 

12 hours ago, builtright3 said:

Was that new with X11 or 12 because I don't remember that option being there.

 

35 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

It's hard to keep up with the changes.

 

30 minutes ago, Ridge_Runner said:

This old dog learned something new also.

 

I would encourage all of y'all to get into the habit of reading the Release Notes every single time you upgrade.  Take the time to make sure you understand each new feature that's been added or changed, and wherever relevant, test each one out.  I'd say it's probably the single best way to help make sure keep abreast of any changes.  Plus, it will also help you explore and discover little tools and capabilities you either never knew or forgot about.  It's seriously one of my favorite exercises in Chief.   I always love going through the Release Notes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Michael said.

 

New features is available as a PDF and 

 

ct1.thumb.png.b91655836385b2c548fe38c12d0877c6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I would encourage all of y'all to get into the habit of reading the Release Notes every single time you upgrade.

I do that, but I sure didn't remember that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ridge_Runner said:

I do that, but I sure didn't remember that one.

 

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

 

 

 

 

I would encourage all of y'all to get into the habit of reading the Release Notes every single time you upgrade.  Take the time to make sure you understand each new feature that's been added or changed, and wherever relevant, test each one out.  I'd say it's probably the single best way to help make sure keep abreast of any changes.  Plus, it will also help you explore and discover little tools and capabilities you either never knew or forgot about.  It's seriously one of my favorite exercises in Chief.   I always love going through the Release Notes. 

 

1 hour ago, solver said:

What Michael said.

 

New features is available as a PDF and 

 

ct1.thumb.png.b91655836385b2c548fe38c12d0877c6.png

 

I always read through the release notes but remembering is another thing. lol

Great advise though.
Just keeping an eye on the questions asked and answered in this forum you learn a lot. I like to encourage my friends to keep up with the forum also.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

I always read through the release notes but remembering is another thing. lol

19 minutes ago, Ridge_Runner said:

I do that, but I sure didn't remember that one.

 

Just to be clear, I'm recommending something a little different than what Eric showed.  I'm talking about reading the Release Notes at every single upgrade (including simple version updates).  Take this current example...  We've had the option to select No Room Moldings since X11, but the separate options for Interior and Exterior weren't actually added with the upgrade to X12, they were snuck in with the 22.2.0.54 update...

 

pic.thumb.png.12418d9e93a04273cd79287c29875a65.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

We've had the option to select No Room Moldings since X11, but the separate options for Interior and Exterior weren't actually added with the upgrade to X12.  They were snuck in with the 22.2.0.54 update...

 

Thanks, Michael.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

 

Just to be clear, I'm recommending something a little different than what Eric showed.  I'm talking about reading the Release Notes at every single upgrade (including simple version updates).  Take this current example...  We've had the option to select No Room Moldings since X11, but the separate options for Interior and Exterior weren't actually added with the upgrade to X12, they were snuck in with the 22.2.0.54 update...

 

pic.thumb.png.12418d9e93a04273cd79287c29875a65.png

 

Thank You Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is where to download the Update Notes when you are also downloading the update.

 

ct1.thumb.png.b20ec73d6400e338868663d8fc221ca0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, solver said:

Here is where to download the Update Notes when you are also downloading the update.

 

ct1.thumb.png.b20ec73d6400e338868663d8fc221ca0.png

 

Where do you get that on with the pro version? I usually print it when It first comes out but I don't know how to get it now.

image.thumb.png.9b6a4ccd0a47956f66c19efbbaaad4f2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I'm talking about reading the Release Notes at every single upgrade (including simple version updates). 

 

Yes. That's what I do.

 

However I confess that I still suffer from forgottenitis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

 

Where do you get that on with the pro version? I usually print it when It first comes out but I don't know how to get it now.

image.thumb.png.9b6a4ccd0a47956f66c19efbbaaad4f2.png

Click the download link at the right.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bottom of the Chief website.

 

ct2.thumb.png.684940acd6d6fa6c946e2e162683f843.png

 

 

Then this

 

ct1.thumb.png.5c14516cf266a2043b4e09477ae858dd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Click the download link at the right.  

That doesn't give you the release notes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I printed out x11 and 12 so I can re-review them. I probably should have kept the old ones I printed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    28415
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    HeartAlba
    Newest Member
    HeartAlba
    Joined