dshall

Wall Hatching.... can we change the default fill... Yet?

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

 

Wall Hatching....  can we change the default fill...  Yet?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Sorry I don't think so Scott but it would be great wouldn't it. ?   Then we could also set a line weight default that will print.  It is a lot of work to set up beautiful hatch patterns that won't even print by default.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

No Sorry I don't think so Scott but it would be great wouldn't it. ?   Then we could also set a line weight default that will print.  It is a lot of work to set up beautiful hatch patterns that won't even print by default.

 

 

yep,  it would be nice.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, dshall said:

Hi All,

 

Wall Hatching....  can we change the default fill...  Yet?

You can copy and paste hatch fill using the Fill Style Eyedropper and you can paste any fill style from your library onto any wall that has hatching, so you kinda can doo what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 12:45 PM, robdyck said:

You can copy and paste hatch fill using the Fill Style Eyedropper and you can paste any fill style from your library onto any wall that has hatching, so you kinda can doo what you want.

 

mmmm. I could not add a fill to the library.

 

I selected the fill but there was no ADD TO LIBRARY icon.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 12:45 PM, robdyck said:

You can copy and paste hatch fill using the Fill Style Eyedropper and you can paste any fill style from your library onto any wall that has hatching, so you kinda can doo what you want.

 

mmmm. I could not add a fill to the library.

 

I selected the fill but there was no ADD TO LIBRARY icon.  

 

I could copy a fill that was already in plan and fill eye. drop onto a wall that had an unwanted hatch pattern,  that is not too bad.

 

The idea of using the COPY FILL/HATCH PATTERN was good,  thanks for that.

 

easy enough now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be much faster if I could change the wall hatch pattern default.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, it is simple.  Go to wall types, either modify the wall fill pattern of the existing wall or create a new wall type. I do this all the time particularly to show existing vs new walls.

MB

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mborean said:

Go to wall types,

Not that wall fill. The wall hatch tool is what I am sure he is talking about. Very handy tool for remodels without needed a ton of different wall types.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dshall said:

I selected the fill but there was no ADD TO LIBRARY icon.  

 

Scott,

Open the filled object and go to the Fill Style panel.

Set up your fill the way you want.

At the very bottom of the panel, click Add To library.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, joey_martin said:

Not that wall fill. The wall hatch tool is what I am sure he is talking about. Very handy tool for remodels without needed a ton of different wall types.

 

Correct,  thank you

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, glennw said:

 

Scott,

Open the filled object and go to the Fill Style panel.

Set up your fill the way you want.

At the very bottom of the panel, click Add To library.

 

Thanks Glenn,  That works.

 

But still it is a two step process instead of the one step process if we could change the default fill.

 

I rarely use this tool but I think it will be handy defining ONE-HOUR WALLS.  

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27991
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    KPawlyshyn
    Newest Member
    KPawlyshyn
    Joined