Post The Plan! For Goodness Sake, Please! Post The Plan, For Your Own Sake...post The Plan

Alaskan_Son

There's really not much more to say...

post the plan

Its become somewhat of a pet peeve to me over the years.  9 out of 10 times we ask someone to post the plan, they ignore it.  For those of you that do, if you're not sure how to post the plan, just ask.  Its easy...

-Save the plan

-Close the plan

-Zip the plan (right click>send to compressed folder)

-Attach the plan to your post using "more reply options">Browse>Attach This File

If the plan file is too big, save as a different name and then delete whatever isn't necessary from the plan and try the above steps one more time...OR use Dropbox

When you post the plan, you will almost always get an accurate answer in very short order and save a lot of people a lot of guesses.  Plus, when you ignore requests to post the plan its almost a little insulting.  You're asking us to donate our time to help you, but you're not willing to play your part (at least that's how it can seem at times).  After doing this for long enough, I think there are some who will simply stop helping.

Please, if someone asks for it, post the plan, and if you know it will help, post it before being asked.  Thanks.

• Upvote 2

Michael,  is it necessary to post the plan if shadows that are shown on my plan view are quite different to those that are rendered.

Do you really need to see the plans to give me an answer?  

Is this a trick question?  Are you just trying to start trouble? : )

I suppose a plan may or may not help in this situation, however it most certainly could not hurt.  I'm actually not sure where I would start to troubleshoot that one.  In that instance some screenshots might be a little more helpful. 

Is this a trick question?  Are you just trying to start trouble? : )

I suppose a plan may or may not help in this situation, however it most certainly could not hurt.  I'm actually not sure where I would start to troubleshoot that one.  In that instance some screenshots might be a little more helpful. 

Trouble?  Moi?  Perish the thought.

Really trying to emphasize the point you are making in the thread.

Worked for me, just today by the OP. I remember getting dogged the first time I posted a question without the plan. I think the dogger is someone who is on this thread (not the OP) :D  I never made that mistake again. On the other hand, there are some questions where a plan is not any help. Like, just making this up, "who has a good grass they might share?" On that front, do we have reason to believe CA might incorporate instancing into a future version? << No plan for that question, sorry. :lol:

Oh, good point Joe.

I was thinking of grass and how "other" programs handle things like that. Always hated the way grass looks in CA, versus, by example Thea Render and instancing with a good sample plug. Way more realistic.

I am finishing up a submission for planning approval (Carmel,California). This is the concept meeting and there are two more drawings needed as well as rendered elevations for the finals meeting. I am already up to 10 full sized sheets for the requirements. What I love best about this jurisdiction is that they want the full sized sheet drawing to be used for the reduced 11x17 sheet sized reduction that is required. But they want a minimum font size on the reduction making it so that I have to boost up all my font sizes to the point that I am putting 14" tall text on my site plan that gets sent at 1/8" scale. Therefore, I am completely redesigning my submission style and I am not able to put anything but key notes on the 1/8" scale plans or it would just be a jumble of overlapping text. I even bit the bullet and changed most of my title font to Arial. Oh the humanity.

Here is the good the bad and the ugly. But if you are going to bother to look at it please find some typos. I have never learned to spell guhd.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1i286ytpy1qsg49/AABr6Jmfqp6kbc9TB_LxzALTa?dl=0

• Downvote 1

Well, now I can't remember of course but I searched for Myhand2 and then skimmed through a couple of them. There was some with My Archi font or similar as well. I'll give it another shot.

EDIT: this thread had several, one of the zip files included Myhand2 as well

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread.php?47420-Hand-letter-looking-font&highlight=myhand2

• 6 months later...

Can anyone in California tell me if the typical minimum chief preferences meet or exceed Title 24 standards for CA?

Or what do I have to concern with the drawing set so it can "pass planning first time revision."  :)

I heard it is all about HERS testing for compliances to be added to the Title 24 before fails the city inspections.

This HERS evaluation includes the electrical, mechanical, energy, plumbing, and green code compliances.

If I print the full set, has anyone fail to pass on the 2015 new construction standards in California?

Thanks a bunch, MNN

I think perhaps you have the wrong idea about what Chief will do for you as a tool.  Chief won't meet any of the above requirements for you.  It will just help YOU draw the plans and meet those requirements.  Physical aptitude for hand drawing aside, if you don't have the knowledge and expertise to produce a set of code compliant or Title 24 compliant plans by hand then Chief isn't going to do you any good.  It will help you produce a nice looking and useful 3D model and make producing plans EASIER, but it won't produce plans for you.  That is all on you (the designer).

Can anyone in California tell me if the typical minimum chief preferences meet or exceed Title 24 standards for CA?

Or what do I have to concern with the drawing set so it can "pass planning first time revision."  :)

I heard it is all about HERS testing for compliances to be added to the Title 24 before fails the city inspections.

This HERS evaluation includes the electrical, mechanical, energy, plumbing, and green code compliances.

If I print the full set, has anyone fail to pass on the 2015 new construction standards in California?

Thanks a bunch, MNN

Two things,

1. Thanks for reviving the original thread

2. What are your thoughts on your original question

Chief has nothing to do with complying with title 24 requirments, you have to do that on your own. Right now Chief will only export to "Rescheck" and will not export to anything for California.

Hers testing can be required on any sized addition, it depends on what your doing.