Crazy mouse moves


Evolution
 Share

Recommended Posts

My blue tooth mouse began going crazy when I'm attempting to draw.  I checked for software updates for the mouse the message I keep getting is my drivers are up-to-date.  I rebooted a dozen times but the issue persist.  I did a google search to see if it was window's 10 related, but I didn't find anything.  It just started all of a sudden. If I move my mouse I get a blinking arrow cursor, it transitions from a small arrow to a large arrow as long as the mouse is moving, then once the mouse move stops, the arrow cursor disappears, while it usually stays on. If I just touch the mouse the arrow cursor reappears very briefly.  It is driving me crazy trying to draw this way, since I can't tell when I have a grab handle etc to draw or move something.  I thought it might be the battery so I tried new batteries and it continues to do the same thing.  I thought it might be the mouse so I installed a different Blue Tooth Mouse, but it is still doing the same thing.  Any one else have this issue?  I'm sure it is not CA related as it happens no matter what software I'm in, even out look email etc.  I don't know what else to try to fix it, or what's causing it. The only thing I found when I googled it was some unrelated issues reported in other forums, but the fixes they suggested didn't work for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This may be a mouse surface detection problem.  Are you using a mouse pad or the surface of your desk?  Sometimes different surfaces can drive a mouse to skip some areas.  This will result in really erratic behaviour.  Just a suggestion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

This may be a mouse surface detection problem.  Are you using a mouse pad or the surface of your desk?  Sometimes different surfaces can drive a mouse to skip some areas.  This will result in really erratic behaviour.  Just a suggestion.

Using the same pad I've used forever.  Tried others didn't change anything.

 

18 minutes ago, ShaneK said:

low battery or re-boot or 22 oz hammer.

Shane, installed new batteries, also changed to another BT mouse, same problem.  IT's got to be a software (windows 10?) issue, but it isn't showing up on any of those forums?!?!? the 22 oz hammer is sounding like the closest thing to a fix, but right now I have the same issue with the other BT mouses (is that meece or mices)  I've tried :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK this may be an interrupt problem.  Do you have a graphic pad?  Something is interfering with the stream of data from the mouse.  Try uninstalling all interface drivers, reboot your computer and let the system reinstall all drivers.  

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

OK this may be an interrupt problem.  Do you have a graphic pad?  Something is interfering with the stream of data from the mouse.  Try uninstalling all interface drivers, reboot your computer and let the system reinstall all drivers.  

 

 

I'll give it a try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Evolution said:

My blue tooth mouse began going crazy when I'm attempting to draw. 

This may seem weird but i have noticed that if I have either my vape or my cell phone anywhere near my mouse it does the same thing. Have you recently placed something near your mouse that uses rechargeable batteries or creates interference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Sometimes the little laser hole gets too much junk in it. blow it out. Happens to me .

One of the first things I checked, Perry. But I tried another Mouse, and nothing changed.

 

14 hours ago, Ravenquills said:

This may seem weird but i have noticed that if I have either my vape or my cell phone anywhere near my mouse it does the same thing. Have you recently placed something near your mouse that uses rechargeable batteries or creates interference. 

The only thing close to the mouse with rechargeable batteries is my tablet CA X11 is loaded on and I use the mouse with. I've also been using it with no problems until this week? I thought it would be straightened out after shutting down yesterday, and not starting back up until this AM? It is causing a lot of slow down trying to draw with it like this. I may just go get a new one today and see if that makes any difference?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you on Windows 10 build 1903? is is recentt update? or did you get another Win update recently? There was a known issue with Bluetooth with the update and or maybe they tried to fix that and messed yours up? Just a thought-might try to roll back driver instead of update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Evolution said:

I may just go get a new one today and see if that makes any difference?

That may be it. As Mark says above I have sometimes had problems after windows updates. It could just be though that the mouse is worn out. If cleaning does not work, or buying a new mouse does not work then I would say it is a windows 10 issue. I wish you the best.

 

Just one last question, are you networked through wireless? I spoke to my husband who does all our IT infrastructure and he pointed out to me that when i was having intermittent problems he had to move the wireless booster in my office to fix them.

 

Best

a

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ravenquills said:

 

 

Just one last question, are you networked through wireless? I spoke to my husband who does all our IT infrastructure and he pointed out to me that when i was having intermittent problems he had to move the wireless booster in my office to fix them.

 

Best

a

Yes networked through wifi, however; have been for the last 3 years, and the issue only started this week. I shut the server down, and restarted it the signal strength is strong and that didn't help either.

I have another blue tooth mouse on my PC that is about a year old. I seldom use it, but loaded it on this tablet, and nothing changed. I ran the driver updater for the mouse I use all the time and the messages says the driver is up to date. I tried rolling it back but that option is grayed out and I'm not sure why?

Mouse driver roll-back.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Are you on Windows 10 build 1903? is is recentt update? or did you get another Win update recently? There was a known issue with Bluetooth with the update and or maybe they tried to fix that and messed yours up? Just a thought-might try to roll back driver instead of update.

Mark, actually running Windows 10 Pro - 1803, but up until this week I know of no issues I've had.  There is a Computer repair service about 3 blocks from here so I think I'll take my tablet and mouse over there and see if he can figure it out for me? I did attempt to roll the mouse driver back but as you can see that option is not available to me.  I ran the driver updater but it comes back the driver is up to date. 

Mouse driver roll-back.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  16 minutes ago, Ravenquills said:

 

 

Just one last question, are you networked through wireless? I spoke to my husband who does all our IT infrastructure and he pointed out to me that when i was having intermittent problems he had to move the wireless booster in my office to fix them.

 

Best

a

"Yes networked through wifi, however; have been for the last 3 years, and the issue only started this week. I shut the server down, and restarted it the signal strength is strong and that didn't help either.

I have another blue tooth mouse on my PC that is about a year old. I seldom use it, but loaded it on this tablet, and nothing changed. I ran the driver updater for the mouse I use all the time and the messages says the driver is up to date. I tried rolling it back but that option is grayed out and I'm not sure why?"

 

Interesting. This sounds like a windows update issue to me. Have you looked to see if you were the victim of what i refer to as a windows update drive by? I would check under windows update and see if you had an update the night before the mouse went nuts. If so you would try rolling that back and see if it fixes it. If not you idea to go to the computer repair guy might be the best bet.

 

I wish you the best of luck  in getting it fixed. It is so frustrating not having our tools work right!

 

Best

a

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bluetooth and WiFi are two distinctly different forms of wireless communication. If your mouse is connected using Bluetooth then you can try disconnecting and reconnecting the Bluetooth mouse device, disable and enable the Bluetooth driver and/or reinstall the Bluetooth driver. One way to check if the mouse is ok is that most wireless mouse have the option to hard connect with a USB type cable, if so connect this way and if all is ok then your mouse is likely ok and it's most likely a software/driver issue.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Evolution said:

I did attempt to roll the mouse driver back but as you can see that option is not available to me. 

Not the mouse driver, the bluetooth driver(s) are where the issue has been.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Bluetooth and WiFi are two distinctly different forms of wireless communication

They are different but they both use 2.4Ghz Frequency to communicate with devices so sometimes other devices that pour out RFI across multiple spectrum can affect them. I suspect this is either a driver or windows update issue regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MarkMc said:

Not the mouse driver, the bluetooth driver(s) are where the issue has been.

Hm? I checked the BT driver yesterday, but (although I'm basically technically illiterate) there wasn't anything I saw that seemed problematic? I'll do a search.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Setting can be found here:

19 minutes ago, Evolution said:

Hm? I checked the BT driver yesterday, but (although I'm basically technically illiterate) there wasn't anything I saw that seemed problematic? I'll do a search.

I see that i have a features update to windows ten that was downloaded on my system. I have a blue tooth mouse so I am going to go ahead and restart and see if my mouse starts to act up. Will report back shortly.

 

Wish me luck!

 

I HAVE RESTARTED AND THE MOUSE IS BEHAVING FINE.

Windows 10 pro

version 1903

OS Build 18362.207

 

Keep in mind I use a surface studio so others may end up with a different build.

 

Actually the mouse seems have less lag than it did. The lag was never horrible but it was noticeable. for  what that is worth. I am using a logitech blue tooth track ball mouse.

Edited by Ravenquills
UPDATE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Took a look around and came across this which has a couple of things worth looking into.

https://visser.io/2016/04/fix-for-stuttering-lag-in-bluetooth-mouse-on-windows-10/

 

I also so one post that the issue was caused by heat throttling the CPU which can happen on tablets. I'd check that too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MarkMc said:

Took a look around and came across this which has a couple of things worth looking into.

https://visser.io/2016/04/fix-for-stuttering-lag-in-bluetooth-mouse-on-windows-10/

 

I also so one post that the issue was caused by heat throttling the CPU which can happen on tablets. I'd check that too.

Thanks Mark! You're a champ....I'll look into this for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Took a little time off for the 4th. Turned the tablet on and the curious mouse issues have ceased (at least for now).  I am not sure what caused it in the first place but I'm pretty sure it wasn't from over-heating as each day I turned it off and left it off over-night, and it would persist first thing the next day upon start up.  So we will see for now if it comes back?

Thanks everyone for all the ideas and thoughts. It remains a mystery to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Member Statistics

    30212
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    Monikafb
    Newest Member
    Monikafb
    Joined