How Good Are You With Chief Architect?

Joe_Carrick

Using just one Chief Tool, how may totally different objects found in a Bath can you create - and what are they?

The rules for this quiz are:

1. You can't use items that are physically different but would be known by the same name. IOW, 2 different Vanity Cabinets or a Vanity Cabinet and a Medicine Cabinet would not be considered as different. IOW, the objects must have totally different functions.

2. You can't use the Library except for materials.

3. You can't use any CAD Tools or the Primitive Solids Tool

4. If you can't think of at least 5 - don't bother. I already have that many

5. Even Chief Architect employees are welcome to enter.

6. You don't need to say what tool you used, but you must post pics (or a single pic) and name the items.

The winner will be announced Monday (Sept 29) at 8:00 am PST.

Using just one Chief Tool, how may totally different objects found in a Bath can you create - and what are they?

The rules for this quiz are:

1.  You can't use items that are physically different but would be know by the same name.  IOW, 2 different Vanity Cabinets or a Vanity Cabinet and a Medicine Cabinet would not be considered as different.  IOW, the objects must have totally different functions.

2.  You can't use the Library except for materials.

3.  You can't use any CAD Tools or the Primitive Solids Tool

4.  If you can't think of at least 5 - don't bother.  I already have that many

5.  Even Chief Architect employees are welcome to enter.

6.  You don't need to say what tool you used, but you must post pics (or a single pic) and name the items.

The winner will be announced Monday (Sept 29) at 8:00 am PST.

I don't follow,  can you give us (2) obvious answers and then we can go from there.

PS's are not in the CAD drop down menu. But whatever.........

You could also use the terrain tool. There are however cad and PS items within that tool.

One thing I don't think you can do though is make the actual bath ROOM. NOt as recognized by

Chief anyways. You could probably also use roof planes and manipulate them. I am not inclined

to actually do the above though.

I don't really want to play, but my instinct would be to use a base cabinet as well. It's kind of cheating though because it could be argued that it utilizes a bunch of the disallowed items.

In addition to the items above it could be used for the tile, wallcoverings…heck, even the foundation, framing, and drywall could be built out of base cabinets.

I stopped at 22 items, using the Base Cabinet tool.

Kay,

That's an interesting set of items.  I can't figure out what some of them are from the picture.  I might also question their use in a luxury bath in that some of them appear to be just boxes or a combination thereof.  I can see that it would be possible to create these items with the cabinet tool but they have to be identified as to use - and preferably easily recognizable as a bath component, not as a random accessory.

Without going through the whole process of designing each item, I think you could make an infinite  number (well, a large number anyway) of items starting with a slab.

They can be manipulated and edited in many ways, including the Boolean operations, extruding, revolving, etc., including the creation of compound curve shapes like this one that started as a slab.

Joe, I am pretty sure that a slab can't be described as a primitive solid or cad.

post-106-0-12215500-1411709238_thumb.jpg

The attached pics show a Master Bath with the following items:

1. 2 Wall Hung Sink Cabinets

2. Dressing/Makeup Counter

3. 2 Small Towel Bars & 1 Large Towel Bar

4. 1 Bench

5. 3 Framed Mirrors

6. Beaded Wainscot

7. Tub Deck and Surround (Granite Deck with Tile Facing)

8. Shower Floor (pebbled tile surface)

9. Shower Curb (Granite)

10. Vertical Shower Edge (Granite)

11. Tile Shower Wall Surface

12. Corner Shower Seat (Granite Top with Tile Facing)

13. 2 Corner Soap Dishes in Shower

14. Flat Screen TV above Tub

15. Glass Shelving for Towels, etc.

16. Rug

17. Glass Shower Panel

All of the above items were created using the BASE CABINET TOOL. That's 17 distinct items - all of which are easily recognizable as what they are supposed to be. Each object is a single Cabinet.

The Walls, Floor, Doors, Windows, Towels, Plumbing Fixtures & Lighting Fixtures were created using the appropriate Chief Tools or copied from the Library.

While Kay had the right tool, I had to discount some of her items because they didn't approach the level of detail required to make them fully recognizable and several of her objects were assembled, not individual cabinets. Still, a very good job and I would have credited the Toilet and the Console Sink if they had been more realistic - which is possible.

post-47-0-47223400-1411996322_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-89314100-1411996331_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-51312300-1411996346_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-70447600-1411996359_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Come to think of it, only thing you cannot do with the base cabinet is create a spherical shape. Otherwise, forget bathroom… You could build an entire house out of base cabinets.

Edit: I'm not by my computer but now that I think about it, pretty sure a spherical shape IS possible.

Michael,

You are correct, a spherical shape can be made using the Base Cabinet Tool.