Bug! Triple Cabinet Touching A Corner Cabinet

4hotshoez

I have also run into triples being a problem with glass on blind corners.

For insets I us separate cabinets as Joe suggested but I alter the stiles. I used to make one stile "0" and the other 1-1/2" but now do 3/4 and 3./4. Once I have a set "combined" I copy it to another part of the plan out of the way, change everything on the copy to openings, send to CAD, then dimension the openings.

post-85-0-77041400-1411665587_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-93363400-1411665595_thumb.jpg

BTW, There is an alternative.

Create a single Cabinet with the desired opening and shelves

Repeat it 2 times

Select all 3 and block them

Open the dbx and check "Treat as One Object" & include in "Cabinet Schedule"

The problem of three singles stuck together is the styles are doubled. I am using inset-framed. Our shop builds custom pieces to size and would prefer a single 90" over (3) 30" in some applications.

I think this issue should be better addressed in the next release; we will allow asymmetrical cabinet face layouts so you can use a Split Items button to modify horizontal and vertical layout of doors and drawers on cabinets - so, you can avoid the issue noted above about doubling a stile.

post-14-0-69249000-1411789287_thumb.jpg

I think this issue should be better addressed in the next release; we will allow asymmetrical cabinet face layouts so you can use a Split Items button to modify horizontal and vertical layout of doors and drawers on cabinets - so, you can avoid the issue noted above about doubling a stile.

That would be great Scott....  but the next question is.....  will be able to build a DOUBLE SINK VANITY in one cabinet as the picture shows.

i.e.,  two sinks in one base cabinet?  This is a very typical configuration.

post-50-0-42950500-1411834585_thumb.jpg

That is just terrific big big time saver.

Not to be greedy but if we get control over toe space and cabinet sides and fix clipped corner automess I don't think I could ask for more...

....then again :)

The problem of three singles stuck together is the styles are doubled. I am using inset-framed. Our shop builds custom pieces to size and would prefer a single 90" over (3) 30" in some applications.

We also use a lot of custom built larger "one piece" units.  I simply change the stiles to half of what I want them to be (i.e. 3/4" instead of 1-1/2") which solves the double stile issue.