Corner Cabinet Options

4hotshoez

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

The default corner cabinet has a 45 degree corner door. I know it can be changed as a saw in a video I can't find, so I am asking how do I change the diagonal door to 90 degree corner door or a curved door? The method escapes me. Easy? Thanks for your help.

The default corner cabinet has a 45 degree corner door. I know it can be changed as a saw in a video I can't find, so I am asking how do I change the diagonal door to 90 degree corner door or a curved door? The method escapes me. Easy? Thanks for your help.

post a frickin pic of what you want and I bet somebody will come up with a solution.......  and if I had to guess,  it would be JC...... unless I beat him to it.

Place the base cabinet in the corner.

It should place with a diagonal front.

To get 90deg doors instead of the diagonal, open it's dbx... Front panel...Options...uncheck diagonal door.

To get the curved door, General panel...Size/Position...Bow Depth.

Edit: you can use a negative Bow Depth to get a concave curved front.

• Upvote 1

Wow! I knew it would be easy. I missed that right in front of me. Thanks Joe, but Michael gets the credit.

Yeah, I know.   I had the answer and hit the post button - only to be transferred to the "Log In" screen.  I had to redo it and by that time I lost about 40 seconds.  I don't know why that happens but the Forum's done it to me several times.

• 4 months later...

anybody have an idea of how to make a cabinet curve fully? meaning if I have a curved wall, and i want the cabinets back to curve with the wall,  is that possible?

No, it isn't.  I must tell you that even the cabinet companies don't do that.  99% of the time you would have a series of cabinets (square sides) and only the top would match the wall.  End panels could be added to be perpendicular to the wall

At first I misread your post thinking you just wanted a full half circle front- went to  post that then reread-anyway since I'd already made one that way

I went back to it and made the back "same as front" so it is possible in Chief.

But what Joe said-few if any would build it, even worse to install, certainly would want to pay for it.

post-85-0-53258500-1422738921_thumb.jpg

Is it possible to make tall cabinet if you have an angled wall like this one in the screenshot?Don't know how and why, but most of my projects come with these damn corners.

The answer is partially, but most cabinet makers would just make it square at both ends and provide a filler at the right side.

The answer is partially, but most cabinet makers would just make it square at both ends and provide a filler at the right side.

Joe, must disagree with you.

Most cabinet makers will make any cabinet you give them. And they definitely won't make filler like this? No one wants 346mm filler :)

Cabinet makers would make these angles with no problem (at least our do)

post-1751-0-55902900-1422784482_thumb.png