Custom Material Generation with Substance Player

Chief_Content

Tile Builder got a small update today...To get the latest version just download it again from the beginning of this post.

For the 1:1. 2:, Large 2:1, etc Offsetting with the slider worked fine for 1/2 offsets but 1/3 offsets would always have one row out of place, breaking the seamlessness. I upped the count on most of the basic layouts to the lowest common denominator between 2 and 3 so a 1/3 offset and a 1/2 offset should always be seamless.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 11:19 AM, ro81nson said:

I'm also seeing a lot of contractors using Techo-Bloc pavers. They have a great Designers Toolbox available on their website but it would be even better if they collaborated with Chief to get their patterns, styles and materials in the Catalog!

https://www.techo-bloc.com/support/resources/technical-resources/designers-toolbox/

552538819_Techo-BlocDesignersToolbox.thumb.jpg.55fa81a33b984be66066815cd09f20a5.jpg

Did you ever figure out how to get the techo-bloc files into chief?

Sorry for the late reply but I've been busy.  We've reached out to techno bloc earlier this year but haven't heard back yet, but I plan on swinging by the booth at KBIS this year to try and get the ball rolling.  I'll keep you posted.

Till then, I just put up the Masonry and Stone Builder at the top of the post for users to make custom pavers and stone layouts.  I ported over some layouts from the tile builder to make some of the more specific  techo-bloc-ish layouts an option.

Most of the bones of the Masonry and Stone builder are lifted form the tile builder as well so if you're familiar with the tile builder you should hit the ground running with this one.  As always, if you find issues or want something added just hit me here on ChiefTalk and I'll either fix it or get it on the update list.

Have Fun Gang!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlissBunny
    Newest Member
    BlissBunny

• By Jeffcrigler
      I am trying to align the orientation of the materials on a base cabinet with both drawers and doors.  When I use the material painter to apply "Teak" for example, to a standard vanity cabinet, the drawers and the doors are always 90 degrees off.  If I rotate thee texture of the cabinet 90 degrees, they both rotate.  I need to rotate the doors or the cabinets separately.  I want both the drawers and doors to have the texture apply in the same vertical or horizontal orientation.

• By ChelseaHHomes
      Hi, I'm a new Chief Architect user. I'm still in training and can't figure out this issue. My pattern texture isn't showing up in my Elevation Views. Something must be toggled off because this is affecting all of my materials not just the siding, I just don't know what it could be. The siding has the preset "Hatch" pattern Chief Architect has already, I attached a screen shot of the  Define Material dialog box too. Thanks in advance!

• By Decorationarts
      Does anyone have a 
      A "Slat Wood Wall Panel" or
      "Acoustic Slat Wood Wall Panel? 

• By rfantclt
      I have a commercial project - historic hotel renovation & addition. My plans are set up with finishes, walls, etc., based on CA library of materials.  I want my Room Finish Schedule to use generic descriptions such as "cpt" for carpet, LVT, PCT, HDWD (hardwood floors), etc.  What is the best way to over-ride the materials I selected in defaults?

Rebecca Fant, AIA
      Charlotte, NC
      rfant@archmatters.com
      x12
    • By Jackstacey
      I'm having issues getting two joining external walls to have different materials and meet on the external corner ( pebble dash and brick) . I've checked my intersections and their mitered correctly and if i select ' through end/start' in structural for the wall it just shifts the issue to the adjoining wall. Please help?