Apply New Layout Sheet

basilbabaa

I have made a new Layout Sheet Template.

I would like to update an existing Layout to use the new Layout Template.

I know how to change the sheet size, but am unable to determine how to change the existing layout to use the new Template.

Is there an easy way?  Such as Apply/Choose Layout Template.  LOL.

It's a revised page 0.  I guess I can open the new layout and copy all and paste to update an existing layout...  but I was hoping for a simple command choice option somewhere in the software to "Apply New Template Layout".... or something to that effect...

Yes that is about the only option that I am aware of at this point, but the challenge is copying and closing one layout then opening the new and pasting or forcing two instances of Chief to be open at the same time.

Make sure not to select the sheet when copying.

I would use Copy/Paste from the new Template to the old Template.  

• Open the new Template
  • Select Page 0
  • Unlock and display all Layers
  • Marquee Select the entire Page
  • Close the new Template
  • Open the old Template
  • Select Page 0
  • Paste
  • Save the Template

That should do it.

28 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I would use Copy/Paste from the new Template to the old Template.  

• Open the new Template
  • Select Page 0
  • Marquee Select the entire Page
  • COPY SELECTED ITEMS
  • Close the new Template
  • Open the old Template
  • Select Page 0
  • SELECT AND DELETE ALL ITEMS
  • Paste SPECIAL HOLD POSITION
  • Save the Template

That should do it.

Hope that's what you meant Joe...

1 hour ago, DRAWZILLA said:

In your layout you can create a new layout on page 0 and the, size you need ,and put it on a specified layer so next time all you need to do is change layers  to get the new layout.

Yep,

I have all Architectural sheet sizes in a single Layout Template.  Change the Layer Set and the Page size and it's done.  In fact, I created a Arch-D2 (24"x42") for a job I'm working on.  Print companies use roll paper, so custom sheet sizes are possible.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

In your layout you can create a new layout on page 0 and the, size you need ,and put it on a specified layer so next time all you need to do is change layers  to get the new layout.

Well that'smy new Tip for today , thx.  never seen that mentioned before or knew it was even possible... that should save some work.

M.

11 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Scott made a video back then but it would still apply today if he still has it.

Perry,  I figured you would remember.  I remember that vid......  it made things so much simpler.....  one layout file for everything.....  I doubt I could find it .......

Try harder :)......           I will just have to play around with it , not sure how I missed this one over the years....... 

I was surprised that Chieftutor now blocks alot of content except for Members..... so I am not sure if your stuff is still there now or it is a whole new Site?

M.

5 hours ago, dshall said:

Perry,  I figured you would remember.  I remember that vid......  it made things so much simpler.....  one layout file for everything.....  I doubt I could find it .......

Scott, if you can't find the old one it would be great if you could make an updated one in X10 when you have time.  I have been working on a layout template since Joe mentioned it in a thread a while back but still have some work to do figuring out what to do with layers that do no have defaults.

I just did a quick vid on it.  I thought it was so ground breaking 10 years ago,  I am sort of embarrassed now at how silly it seems.  Hopefully it helps someone out.... 

It's been awhile,  let's see if I remember how to do it.

Here is the link 

It is still cooking....  I guess....  should bread by 11:50?

• Upvote 2

Thanks for doing the video, you do it so much better than I, and much faster . I use a 30 x 42 more often than anything else other than 24x36, sometimes 36x48 also, my clients hate that and want me to cut the plan in half, which I will not do. A smaller scale might work but gets too hard to read, Heck they want me to increase the text size as it is. They are all getting old. like me

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dshall said:

I just did a quick vid on it.  I thought it was so ground breaking 10 years ago,  I am sort of embarrassed now at how silly it seems.  Hopefully it helps someone out.... 

It's been awhile,  let's see if I remember how to do it.

Here is the link 

It is still cooking....  I guess....  should bread by 11:50?

Thanks for doing this Scott , I'm going to watch it now....

Mick.