Fastest way to change all interior walls to one color?

CBRF23

So for whatever reason, I haven't quite figured out yet, Chief doesn't like to apply my default wall color to the custom exterior wall types I've created.  I always end up with just a plain drywall finish ( no paint).   It's a real PITA to go back in and have to paint each wall individually, so I was wondering if there was a quick way to apply an interior material finish/wall color to ALL walls?  

On 2/15/2018 at 8:44 AM, CBRF23 said:

So for whatever reason, I haven't quite figured out yet, Chief doesn't like to apply my default wall color to the custom exterior wall types I've created.  I always end up with just a plain drywall finish ( no paint).   It's a real PITA to go back in and have to paint each wall individually, so I was wondering if there was a quick way to apply an interior material finish/wall color to ALL walls?  

It's easy to change the drywall color to whatever you want, without a paint layer, using the Adjust Material Definition tool. Just click the tool on the drywall in a camera view. Applies to all walls with "Drywall" material:

5a8b5e84af1e0_drywallcolor.thumb.png.685aa0fe5a1f4ae438385db1652942fd.png

That won't work if you want multiple colors in a plan, but for that you could set up additional drywall materials with different colors.

On 2/19/2018 at 6:05 AM, Michael_Gia said:

Don’t the default wall types included in chief already have a default paint layer?

Not that I noticed in X9 or X10, (Ceilings do though) but a 0" layer is easy enough to add , it will also give you the Sqft for the Paint that way. Doing it on the Interior side seems to work okay , Exteriors seem to have Issues sometimes for whatever reason.

18 hours ago, Chrisb222 said:

It's super easy to change the drywall color to whatever you want, without a paint layer, using the Adjust Material Definition tool.

5a8b5e84af1e0_drywallcolor.thumb.png.685aa0fe5a1f4ae438385db1652942fd.png

I use this method too it's easy to change the Texture for the Drywall either that way or through the Wall Definition where it usually says "no texture" , assuming all the Drywall has the same paint, but you can "paint" individual walls if needed or change the Material for those Walls, the Paint Can tool can have weird Effects at times.

M.

1 hour ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Don't know b/c I delete those zero layers, and why does Chief include those layers anyway.

Chief doesn't on walls just ceilings, there is a Line outside the Drywall but no Layer , like on Ceilings......is that what you mean? maybe they figured it out like you  :) cos I don't see a "layer" in x9 or x10.

......0.003" just becomes 0" in Chief's DBX's , it's not even 1/10th of a mm (0.08mm) ..... in most DBX's 1/128th is the smallest, some won't go below 1/64th or even 1/32"