X6 16.4 Update Is Released

lbuttery

It would be nice to know exactly what happened when they say "in certain cases" and "sometimes caused" and "under certain circumstances". Also

"specific cases", but maybe b/c its fixed now, does it really matter?

Bug Report.....

%page.print% doesn't work if included as a part of page 0.  This is really the only reasonable way to use this macro IMO.  Why should we need to place it individually on each page of the Layout?

Basically, all other Layout macros dealing with page numbers, sheet numbers, titles, descriptions, etc are placed on page 0 and update to the appropriate information depending on what sheet is displayed or printed.  This one should be the same.

Have you tried the %page.print% macro assigned on page 0 of your layout?  What does it show on other pages?  Does it even show on page 0?

Yes.  It shows the printed page number as long as the page will print otherwise it is blank.  Yes.

For reference, I used "printed page %page.print% of %numpages%".

As far as I can tell, it works exactly like it did in 16.3 and I can't see where anything was changed.

Yes.  It shows the printed page number as long as the page will print otherwise it is blank.  Yes.

For reference, I used "printed page %page.print% of %numpages%".

As far as I can tell, it works exactly like it did in 16.3 and I can't see where anything was changed.

Interestingly it's working for me now.  Yesterday it wasn't and today it is ....... GREMLINS :wacko:

"Ghosts in the machine. "

FYI:

There is a bug in the implementation of macros, particularly on page 0 (or any template), whereby  following pages may execute before page 0 so that macros, may,in effect, get lost. This is also sometimes evident in using reference macros. I expect that  saving or some minor change made just repacked the sequence of objects which allowed it to start working again -- meaning it also could return.

Which is why I don't believe that the present implementation of Ruby macros could be made reliable enough as the basis for any API or any other extension.

OK, got it working. WHen talking to TS for some reason I clicked the maximize button and the screen increased slightly and the status text displayed. Closed the view and redid and all was OK. So, why was the camera view not maximized on a freshly opened plan and camera view? TS said it is the default. Oh well. At least I got it fixed.