Cone of Light

dshall

I see it on my end also.  I shut off everything except the terrain perimeter and it is still there.  I lowered the 3d cam view ambient light to almost zero and it is still there.  Maybe you should send this one in to tech support.

Scott,

Ah..I see it now when I generate an Orthographic Full Overview.

It is definitely connected to your Sun Angle and/or your terrain material.

Your active Sun Angle is for 5pm on 22/12/2012.

This results in a very low sun angle of 7.7deg.

I believe that what you are seeing is the "sheen" of the low sun reflected off the terrain.

If you open the Define Material dbx for the terrain material (Grass 7) and turn down the  Specular setting, the light cone reduces or disappears.

Or...try using one of your other sun arrows.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, glennw said:

Is that an echo I hear?  :)

Weird.  I actually read this thread earlier while I was away from my computer.  I suspected it was a light reflection issue as well but wasn't able to open the plan to check it out.  I even read your response and remember you mentioning that it was related to the sun and it's reflection.  I didn't recall you mentioning the material properties though.  I guess maybe I should have re-read things when I got back to the office eh??  My bad : )  Please accept some reputation points as a symbol of my sincerest remorselessness...err, remorsefulness...hmmm, I guess the word is just remorse.  Anyway, sorry bout that.  I would delete my post but then this back and forth would make no sense.

Hey guys, thanks for looking into this.  BTW,  since I use the SAM,  this is the same terrain I have used for multiple projects and never noticed the cone of light before.

I went back to the plan that this plan came from,  and I did see the cone of light.

I went back to an even older plan,  and this time I did  not see it,  yet I think it was really the same terrain   (since I use the SAM).  

Anyway,  thanks for all of the suggestions in regards to eliminating the mysterious cone of light.

593aa77ebd7a5_ScreenShot2017-06-09at6_49_31AM.thumb.png.cdab4755bd68335ad4956bfba3d51ec9.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 6.49.35 AM.png