Ceiling Material Will Not Rotate

Larry_Sweeney

I'm using the "white beadboard" material for a porch ceiling. I'm using a flat ceiling and sloped ceiling planes under the same structure. I rotated the beadboard material and gave it a different name so it was running perpendicular to the rafters. on the flat area of the ceiling I wanted to use the "standard" white beadboard material, but no matter which white beadboard material I call for ( rotated or standard) it shows as the rotated beadboard material.----Any suggestions on what the problem is?

post-76-0-20788500-1403797924_thumb.jpg

I tried it and it worked for me.  You might try building that particular ceiling plane in a direction that is rotated 90 degrees, that might get you the direction you want, but as I said,  it worked for me.

When I need a material to run the oppositie way that it is running, I create a new instance of that same material but change the direction angle and give that copy of material a new name like "Bead Board 90d", as long as the name is different you can create as many angle changes as are required for your purposes.

DJP

• Upvote 1

When I need a material to run the oppositie way that it is running, I create a new instance of that same material but change the direction angle and give that copy of material a new name like "Bead Board 90d", as long as the name is different you can create as many angle changes as are required for your purposes.

DJP

Larry said he did that.

Had a similar issue today with drawerheads. I needed vertical grain slabs, made new material, rotated and didn't work. I ended up making a new drawer head symbol from a Psolid with a vertical grain. Don't know how that could work with a ceiling though.

Do you have 3D View Defaults...Options...General Options...Legacy Compatible Texture Mapping checked?

I had not thought of that. My legacy is always compatible. Why would anybody not want it legacy compatible and if there is no reason not to, why is it even a choice? Why is it not an OOB setting?

I had not thought of that. My legacy is always compatible. Why would anybody not want it legacy compatible and if there is no reason not to, why is it even a choice? Why is it not an OOB setting?

d dot,

I just threw that in because the expected way didn't seem to be working.

You would normally work with this setting unchecked unless you are working on an older version plan where textures were mapped differently than the later versions.

It's worth a 10 second try if other things aren't working.

I think I've tried everything everyone has suggested. (execpt PSP, which I don't have) I know this isn't the end of the world and there are work arounds. It just bugs me. There has to be something I'm missing. I'm attaching the porch as I have them to date. (still have work to do on them) If anyone wants to take the time to figure this out --- thank you. Your suggestions and time are much appreciated. Have a great day

BERLINS REAR PORCH 06272014.zip

You did not try everything...

Final thought,  is the ceiling   plane getting it's finish from the room finish or from the ceiling  plane itself.

remember this,  that is not an individual flat ceiling plane,  it is a ceiling plane from the room itself,  therefore it gets its material from the room material dvx,  so I went to change it,   but for some reason your ROTATED material did not show in the materials list even though it was in the plan.  So I made the material again rotated it.  

The material you are trying to change came from the room ceiling finish.

post-50-0-03953000-1403881968_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-53252000-1403882066_thumb.jpg