Designer100

Wall Issue- not closing up.

1) Rear 2nd floor cornter wall is not closing where first floor roof is? I would appreciate any help

closing up the exterior wall on 2nd level.

2) also stair railing is not stopping at end of stair on 2nd level.

8215L.zip

2016-11-24 (1).png

Not seeing anything not connected. 

WallsNotclosing1.jpg

WallsNotclosing2.jpg

Chief allows you to select/highlight both bedrooms 2/3[study]. So it thinks that the walls are connected brm2/3.

WallsNotclosing3.jpg

Unless they are not connected in completely different place.

Newell,  Do you mean the porch ceiling above the railing walls?  If so post a screen shot something like this with your plan file. It is easy to do and saves all kinds of time for you and the people who so generously try to help.  If I have guessed correctly open the porch room and  in the Room Specification DBX Structure tab Ceiling select "Use Soffit Surface for Ceiling".

Newell 8215 plan.JPG

Newell,  No hole in wall when I open plan file.  Stair rail does stop at top of stair but window is too close.  Add return as illustrated or shorten rail by usind 3D Moulding polyline but that may not pass inspection.  Maybe just put it on the other side.  Not an easy decision with existing design choices.

Newell 8251L Stair Rail.jpgNewell 8251L Overview.jpg

Looks, to me, that besides the railing issue, you will also have a flashing problem with that window.  It might be best to put in a square feature window or some other option so your handrail will work to code.

Hey Newell,

I opened your plan and took a look. That stubborn roof just keeps cutting the wall... until I checked 'no special snapping'. Just open that roof dbx, then in the 'Measurements' section under the 'General' tab, you'll find that option. It worked, and is holding...

I've dealt with that issue before. Hope that helps. By now you've probably figured it out anyhow.

Rob.

just looking at picture it looks like the roof plain is cutting off the wall but when i open the file the roofs are set to auto build so the problem get fixed

Lessen the pitch to get it down from the window, so you don't have water problems there.  Lower roofs often have lesser pitches than the primary roofs, above.  It's good architectural practice. 

I fixed other issues with this home. Thanks for advise. But Bedroom 3 over first floor decking is lower than rest of house for some reason. 1st floor and 2nd floor are surpose to be 9' ceilings. any help would be appreciated. 

8215L.zip

2016-11-27 (1).png

Open the room dbx and in structure check everything to default and set auto roof on and it will fix the roof to match rest of house then. It may have lowered if you set deck height lower.