Backsplash above stove?

beckyz

Can anyone help? I need the backsplash to extend above the stove, I don't have an option to do that when I double click on the stove, and the material painter paints the whole wall. Help please!

ETA: I have home designer interior 2015

post-1484-0-64017400-1400869076_thumb.png

Use the cabinet soffit tool and make the material in the DBX your tile choice and thickness etc , you'll need to play around with it in 3d/2d views to position it against the wall, leaving it 1" thick at 1st may make it easier to position then set the final thickness when in place.

M.

Hi,

Create a cross section, draw a polyline box, convert it to a solid at 1/2", apply a material to it.  Should work. I am also working in X6, but this has worked for a long while in Chief. Might work for you in HD

Nuts,   try using moldings for your backslashes,  easy peasy,  and then you can even wrap them around quite easily without having to create a separate psolid.  

All my back splashes are pmoldings,  I may have to revisit that technique with the new BACKSPLASH TOOL,  but when I think about it,  the pmoldings are simpler to manipulate in most cases.

Me thinks you have been spending to much time with Joe on the golf course!!!!!!

No way!!!!

You can't blame me for your language.  You can say whatever you want about my age, but your language is your own.

BTW, thanks for the referral.

Scott,

Great Video with one exception, my daughter went ballistic when my 12 yo grandson watched it. I am teaching him Chief. The problem was your language. Didn't bother me but is is food for thought.

Ron

Holy Kamoly Ron,  I just watched it and I think there were only 1.75 bad words in the entire 21 minutes.  That's a "G" rating in my book....... anyway.....  I will  make more of an effort to clean it up for your Grandson.......  but then of course you could use me as an example for your grandson on how not to behave.......  there you go.....  turn a negative into a positive........  thank you,  thank you very much.

Holy Kamoly Ron,  I just watched it and I think there were only 1.75 bad words in the entire 21 minutes.  That's a "G" rating in my book....... anyway.....  I will  make more of an effort to clean it up for your Grandson.......  but then of course you could use me as an example for your grandson on how not to behave.......  there you go.....  turn a negative into a positive........  thank you,  thank you very much.

My coworkers and I find your language comedic at times.  And compared to some other videos, this one was definitely "G" rated.

• Upvote 1

Hey Ron, you want him to learn, you want him to watch different videos by whoever........ I remember when me and my buddies were twelve years old, there was less resistance on our part if the information we were studying was a little racy.

• 2 weeks later...

The soffit tool worked great - thank you!!!

I was messing with a soffit to do this when I realised for this kitchen there is a simpler way, so thought I'd post for any future searcher that if you have a cooktop ,rather than a slide in Range like the OP , just make the Backsplash for the base cabinet 60" high instead of 18" (common default) and it will go upto the 96" ceiling...make it higher if you have higher ceilings....this assumes a standard counter at 36", if need be, do the same for the cabinet either side of the cooktop cabinet as I did too(see image) , to fill in extra space , any extra tile is hidden behind the upper wall cabinets.

With no base cabinet I think the Soffit Tool is the easy Solution unless you have X6 of course with custom backsplashes.

someone may followup on this:   If you have a wall cabinet above your hood ,but still have the slide in Range ,does trying the checkbox for "build backsplash down to Base cabinet" , in the Wall cabinets DBX, build it  down to 36" counter height or not? , not sure it works if there is no base cabinet?

M.

post-315-0-76895700-1402082707_thumb.jpg