-
Posts
2922 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by rgardner
-
Very interesting it is showing those crooked stairs on the other side of the bathroom since it is all designated as one room and it is ignoring the room in the middle. Plan file would be good to examine this closer, but looks like a “glitch” of sorts or a limitation to the program since it is not typical you would have a U shaped room like that with another room in the middle... may need to send that on to tech support. But to get your work done in the meantime just back clip that camera to the wall you want to show. Not asked for but just thought I would mention try using vector view and plot lines for your elevations. A bit more sharp and precise for elevations.
-
You are actually asking someone to give you the program for free or to break their agreement with Chief Architect. If Support is not willing to help there must be more to this story...
-
Just as a side note to some designers who may not know this but with solid hardwood flooring or even engineered strip flooring IRL you run the strips perpendicular to the joists or at a 45 degree angle never parallel, so focusing a customer on the direction of the wood you will want to make sure that it is going the right direction in regards to the joists. Of course not necessary if it will be a glue down over concrete, only with a suspended joist and subfloor style system.
-
Looks like your texture is missing from the file.
-
You do have textures on in the camera view you are looking at right? Everything else is correct?
-
If you are referring to the automatic tool click The Cad drop down menu and go to automatic dimensions and you will see NKBA auto dimension or if you are in an elevation view there is an nkba auto dimensions tool. But using the oob template from chief there is also a default set for nkba dimension settings. Without knowing which video and moment you are referring to that would be my guesses.
-
Yeah I was trying to figure that one out as well. Best I can figure the reason he got a downvote was because he has actually asked this identical question at least twice about two months apart on separate jobs???? Dunno?
-
In this case he thought he had deleted the cabinet so couldn’t find it. But yea this is true once you know the cabinet selecting it and hitting tab will allow you to select just the sink to delete.
-
Delete this cabinet as it is tied to that one. FYI you can use a fixture schedule to find the errant cabinet.
-
As Eric mentions custom muntins is how you do uneven grid lines. Try hitting the help button when you are in the lites tab of the window DBX.
-
Looking for something like this: This is using the automatic wall elevation cameras placed together to give that look. They can be renamed A,B,C,D as well or the camera layer can be turned off once you have them and you can place your own 2d cad symbol there referencing them.
-
That works 3/4 the time.
-
Yup that is the look. ON Mac the little icon pile in the corner for me is a white box but that is what it does.
-
It ONLY happens to me if I have the side windows undocked and on the second screen. Never had it happen otherwise.
-
Had it happen this afternoon and I looked exactly what I was doing. I had a plan file, two camera views, a cad detail and the layout file I was working on open. Had my ALDO, LB, & PB open on smaller LG Ultrawide 2560x1080 screen main window on my Samsung curved 32" set at 1080p. Randomly it seems as I was working back and forth all day in this file sending different details and plans to layout for a commercial job when I would click on the layout tab it would happen. 75% of the time it would fix when I dragged ALDO back to main screen.
-
I still don’t understand what is different for a chimney than a standard wall. A chimney is made of 4 walls of varying materials depending on construction type to a certain ceiling or top height and have a type of foundation below them. I don’t see the difference from a regular room for all simplification purposes. In the end it is just a 4 walled rectangular room with a really tall ceiling. Yes there would be things needed to be added to the room for smoke tables, flues, etc. kind of like changing your drywall to fire rock, or sound rock, or backer board, or....
-
Same setup here and I shared all of this in a report about a month ago. Received for the second time we are unable to reproduce. Possibly these details are not being forwarded?
-
Just a slight point to add as I have seen this basic situation twice today. Once you have placed the item it is no longer tied to your user library and becomes a placed object in the plan. Deleting the item in your user library or changing it in any way does not change the already placed item in your plan file or any others.
-
Place 2 double casements and mull them together.
- 2 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- custom window configuration
- window configuration
- (and 4 more)
-
My exact suspicion as well as I have the same setup.
-
You placed the windows after you changed the default or before?
-
I see you were successful with getting at least one downvote there so far. But I think I saw it early on. I will be honest with you though I can understand why they are downvoting you since comments like this one probably make chief less likely to fix the infamous Mac toolbar issue which yes I have seen and struggle with sometimes as well.
-
Have you searched for dormer by chance?
-
Had the exact same issue that technical support was unable to replicate. It would go away when I resized the column with the 2d symbol.
