DRAWZILLA

Members
  • Posts

    8698
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DRAWZILLA

  1. Or you can just resize it in the layout and then save to your lib. I always save details to my lib. Too many details in a cad box might slow the program down. This works as long as you don't care about the scale of the details. For me it doesn't matter, I don't want anyone scaling the details anyway.
  2. Ceiling height is usually the wall height within Chief. Use the perspective framing overview camera for a framing shot.
  3. A lot of those I do are filling in between the beams with insulation on the existing. They would rather have the energy savings then the view.
  4. Weird, I just closed and opened, but at first I deleted them manually without re-starting.
  5. You have to uncheck "Has ceiling" in the roof plane DBX.
  6. I would model it just like it is, the spaced beams would be the rafters, no ceiling finish.
  7. Yep, close and open is the answer.
  8. File size really doesn't matter with SnagIt b/c you just send a link to your customer, and the video stores on their site, you can download anytime you want.
  9. The tubs in the lib. have water already in the tubs, with and without ,both are available.
  10. I use 2 plans New and Existing. I use the masked floor plan for demo walls.
  11. Yep, if the plan is in the prelim stage, then it always comes forward. If it's in the final stages then I look at it seriously, and bring it forward.
  12. You know Larry, I watched that and didn't even notice, I guess, I assume that everyone knows, you need a separate layerset for reference work . Maybe the O.P. didn't. I'm sure your video helped him get further along the path. As more things evolve with Chief, This can just get worse. Thanks for your video's
  13. I have 5,6,7, loaded ,but chief has gotten real good at bringing plans forward , so I do when I can, b/c I like all the new goodies and refuse to go back. Very rarely use 5,6, only for changes to those plans.
  14. DRAWZILLA

    Macros

    Right now there is no organizational system for macro's, other than alphabetical .
  15. Joe, I have recently (last week) had another dis-connect of the arrow pointing to a window, to get the macro header size, I'm just not sure I can trust it anymore.
  16. DRAWZILLA

    Macros

    Buzz Yep, you got it.
  17. Take it 1 step further and go to "Define" and you can delete walls there. Every time you make any wall thicker and thinner or import, it creates a new wall for you automatically.
  18. Mickey ok, try this video. http://screencast.com/t/5VAM1clQw
  19. Larry, I was just stating my experience, not yours. It also depends on how long it's been code in your area, it started about a year ago here which means recent to me.
  20. B/c of shadows and exactly where the sun is , it can change colors drastically.
  21. I always keep dims live. I just don't dimension anything less than 1/2" usually, its close enough for everyone involved. Framers never want to see 1/8" or lower. They just laugh at it and call us names.
  22. Wow, it just goes to show, there is no standard nation wide. Larry is just an hour drive from me. Recently a new code surfaced that if your eaves are within 5' of the sideyard they must be 1 hour construction. This is causing some problems with additions, but still measured to the stud.
  23. That's a good idea Joe, but we have a lot of 5' sideyards and in most cases, just can't do it.
  24. The setbacks around here are never measured from the finish and never has. And I have done work in 50 cities.