DRAWZILLA

Members
  • Posts

    8698
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DRAWZILLA

  1. for me---save some money for the rainy day, b/c it will happen, maybe 2 or 3 times in your lifetime
  2. Every software program has some problems, Don't try to make Chief like other software, just the way you like it. I can tell you that will never happen--ever. You should learn Chief as it is meant to be used. It works great for me. Any issue I might have is some functionality issues, and hope Chief will fix it, but they don't have to. I can find an answer for every so called problem. I love this program. Greg Wells is a great guy, I have met and spent some time with him. Your conspiracy theory's won't work here. I have requested many things that Chief has fixed, and I believe they will in the future. It just takes time and there are only so many hours in a day.
  3. To get those 2nd floor walls to balloon frame and the floor joists to hang off the walls just select the 2nd floor walls that apply, and check "Go through floor below"
  4. I don't think you can legally. Chief owns it. They have to buy Chief first. send them a backup full plan with all the textures.
  5. I always have a floor in the crawlspace, but it is really a dirt texture 1/16" thick, so I can adjust it like Scott shows. Don't do many full basements. Looks good in sections and 3d also.
  6. It would also help if, when you lose room definition for some time, not sure how long that is., the room wouldn't revert back to the default once set to other than default.
  7. The 940m is better than what you are using (newer)
  8. The reason to put the details on the layout is to resize them to what you need, if you put them in a separate cad detail, you can send them to the layout to scale. When you import cad details there is always some fix up.
  9. GOOD THING I DIDN'T ANSWER
  10. Years ago Chief used to be on an 18 month cycle but changed it to 12 months to get new versions to us quicker, I guess it works better for them. I like it.
  11. You'll need a lot more money too.
  12. just gave you one, if it really means anything
  13. I like the way Chief does it and do not want this kind of change, everyone would need to re-learn it.
  14. You have a great new year too, humor is the best medicine for sure.
  15. Yes, post the plan if you want specific help with the problem
  16. X4 to X8 is a large jump, you should expect some fix up.
  17. Also remember Chief is not a large commercial type software, It's fast for me but I never do those kinds of projects.
  18. Joe's package does a lot more than that.
  19. Not allowed to talk about X9 even if I have it at all, can't answer any questions. As with every new version the program just gets better without question.
  20. I'm not sure that is possible b/c everyone has their own way of naming things depending on where they are, I got that symbol from someone else a long time ago, you can always re-name it.to what works for you. It would certainly be nice to have that, but not sure it will ever happen.
  21. You can also add it to your user lib. and get it whenever you want, but save it from the layout to the lib. so it's scaled correctly.
  22. I used that program a long time ago but I actually like text macro's better b/c if you change the macro, it changes everything in the plan automatically. Pigeonhole doesn't do that.
  23. FYI, I have met and spent a little time with Greg Wells, Pres. of Chief, and he is very passionate and motivated about making Chief the best there is, you don't have to worry about that. Very nice guy and easy to talk to also. He seems to be very hands on. Scott Harris is also very knowledgeable and could teach us all a lesson or two . I was lucky enough to meet a lot of the people at chief and was very impressed with all. I wish everyone could do that,