Hi

I have taken DHall advise and started experimenting with wall layer to create a  monolithic  foundation and show all the steel ect. which is all cad I am  not going to cad detail trying to keep foundation attached to main house. Problem you have to constantly keep using the tab key to get to my cad lines ect and not select whole wall and doors .  Am I missing something I seem to remember back in an old version of chief you would hit a icon to switch to cad mode so I would only be selecting cad  is there a way to do that in these new versions

Thanks in advance

Adam

The fix, don't waste you time trying to have accurate steel, in the footings, in sections, just address this with cad details. A lot of trouble, if you ask me.

I wish it could but all vertical bars are the x have to show where everything goes doors windows The building departments expect it. The problem I go to foundation turn off all layers except main when I am adding cad to the main walls they do not snap because they are not cad. It works well when I convert the whole floor plan to a cad detail I can go pretty quick. It  is better to be attached for changes. This barn I was drawing 249 ft was completely done when owner realized he needed to take 5 feet off it changed everything on plan 6 inch form each stall ect. I am changing whole plan (getting paid) but I give huge discount       

Keep the customer happy, nice print. I do as Perry does, detail it in cad and save for future use.

I guess there is no way to just be in a cad mode and select just cad Thanks for your help

I guess there is no way to just be in a cad mode and select just cad Thanks for your help

Start the Draw Line tool. 

Instead of drawing a line, left click to select only cad objects.

can't you lock every layer except Cad,Default ( or whatever you use) and maybe text too if you want to change notes?  so you can't select them. 

M.

Create a new Layerset and lock all layers except the ones you want to edit; makes it easy to switch back and forth that way.

Mike

Create a new Layerset and lock all layers except the ones you want to edit; makes it easy to switch back and forth that way.

Mike

a better idea :)

What? You didn't like my "Cad mode" technique? :)

Great tip, Glenn. Where is that in the Ref. Manual?

Ref Manual?

You mean there is a ref manual?