cjanderson66

Crashing With Zoom In/out Mouse Wheel

Is anyone else having a problem with CA crashing while zooming in and out as they are using a mouse wheel.  From the beginning of time my system crashes in the middle of either zooming in or zooming out only in CA.  Just wondering if I should get a new mouse or if this is a common occurrence.

I use a Logitech mouse/trackball ,and don't have this issue , you could perhaps try different drivers for your mouse

I use an MS Mobile 4000 without issue.

jon

no trouble here either using logitech on 3 computers

Never had that problem. I would check drivers, then new mouse. I am also wondering if it is the video

card? Maybe it needs a driver update?

Dennis maybe right , I have read a few threads with people with issues with AMD Cards and Chief , buying a Nvidia Card solved the issue , a forum search may find those threads , you might want to call TS today while they are open though and ask a few questions ,as I think Chief said they were working on a know issue but I am not sure I have seen this crashing issue reported before.

M.

Agree with Dennis and Mick also - check to make sure mouse driver is up-to-date and also vid driver.

Graham

Crashing while zooming is not normal.

I doubt that it is the mouse, although at one point in very distant past we had issues with a particular type of mouse that send scroll events to the program at a more rapid rate than normal which was a bug on our part. But that was fixed several versions ago.

There also exists the possibility that the mouse driver is causing a problem. I've had a lot of trouble with drivers from Logitech and Microsoft in the past. Normally I don't install the mouse driver because they like to redefine what the buttons do in ways that don't follow standard practice.

What kind of mouse are you using?

More likely the cause is the video driver, especially if the crashes are occurring in elevations or 3D views. In that case I would recommend installing the latest video drivers from the vendor site (don't rely on Microsoft for them).

If the problem persists please contact our support team. They can work through a variety of issues and hopefully get to the bottom of the problem much more quickly than we can do here.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WaunakeeDesigner
    Newest Member
    WaunakeeDesigner

• By Kbird1
      I don’t use MAC OS myself but many other Users I know do, and I am not sure if this is new in Catalina OS, the latest update ?, but I have had to show People numerous times in the last month or two, how to both turn Scrollbars and the Mouse Right Click Buttons on, some didn't even realize their Mice had a Right Click option.   1.     MAC OS  seems to have its Scrollbars Turned Off by Default, so they aren’t seen in Chief either after Enabling them in View > Scrollbars

Go to > System Preferences > (search) ScrollBar Behaviors at top left > Open > and Set Scrollbars to Always in the 2nd section.

2. MAC OS  also seems to have its Mouse Right Click turned Off by Default too in some cases, so it also can’t be used in Chief ,
      for example in the Project Browser in Plan Views > Open Object or create a New Cad Detail by Clicking On the CAD Details Header,
      or to Edit Page Information in a Layout.

Go to > System Preferences > Mouse > place a Check in the box for Secondary Button by Clicking on it
      ( If desired the Secondary button can be your Left or Right Click eg if you are left handed, choose appropriately ).

Sorry I can't add Pics as I don't have a MAC to take some Screen Snips on.

Mick.
    • By EdKalen
      I am having cursor issues that I can't seem to figure out and it's becoming quite the patience tester. As I run the program from the start everything works fine, once I select an elevation view, then go back to the layout view, my cursor disappears from the field but can be seen on the toolbars. I need to restart the program before it appears again.

Running X11 on Windows 10
      I am using a Logitech MX laser mouse. Tried to delete it and reinstall it.
      Checked for driver updates. No change.

What else can I check?
    • By Ferrin
      Good afternoon,

Version is x10- For some reason can't figure out why I cant use the mouse orbit tool in Working Plan View. It works just fine in any 3D / Ortho view, just when I get back to the 2DI've got nothing. Everything used to work just fine but I feel like I clicked a button somewhere and now don't know what I clicked. 

Very kind
    • By ChiefHarmony
      MacBook Pro - Running High Sierra - Experienced User:
      Each time I try to export my .layout file to .pdf so my co-workers and open the files, the program crashes.
      Big deadline coming up and I need some help!
    • By wjwbuilder
      My first day using X9 on Mac new plan. maybe 6 crashes about one per hour or so.
      Not able to reproduce them seemed at first to be with resizing library items then cameras views.
      Auto save helped me each time.
      Just saying so maybe fix will be on the way. Did not loose anything important.
      Bill