space between floor 0 & floor 1??

winterdd

Here we go again with a weird request. Is it possible to add a space between floor 0 & 1? Attached below is what I am trying to do. I will show my settings for the room space floor and ceiling heights. The space below the main level is -200". If I split the height in half and give the golf cart and bath a 100" ceiling height then it jacks up my main level flooring and brings it down. I really hate requests like this and it slowing me down. I hope I am clear on what I am trying to achieve and it being correct on my drawings and cross sections. The -16 3/4" is to the bottom of the floor trusses.

image.thumb.png.d7358662e1aa2c96e6fdc7db214a13c6.pngimage.thumb.png.1caedcd4cb0171ca56d707454666e3d5.pngimage.thumb.png.ed34b78836f93b2a4b5bd197cfc77a22.png

20 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Floors 0,1,2,3 are not the same as Basement, 1st floor,2nd floor,3rd floor, etc.

For your case, you could just insert another floor and name the floor plans as appropriate.

Very true Joe. Beings this has been a request after the home was designed, I am trying to avoid adding any new floors. I will keep this in mind for future projects.

One easy way to do this without mucking around with extra floors is to just create a dropped ceiling for this room.  Here is how you do it:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01050/creating-and-framing-a-dropped-ceiling.html

Personally, I wouldn't add the stairs.  The extra stair is taking up valuable parking space to access a fairly small amount of storage space.  I would probably just build a loft space in the storage area with a ladder attached to the wall.  I used a room divider to separate the area with the dropped ceiling from the normal room in the picture below.

image.thumb.png.470d693d47056b762bf10dfc163b203b.png

I like your thought of using text.  Do you have to have the new space visible in 3D?

You could create a couple of 2D details (CAD LINES) to show what's up and reference them on the plan for that area.

• Upvote 1

So I would never do this except if you are already developed but why not just use a Stair landing for the loft portion, manually place the door and stairs/ladder?  You will have to do cad work for the framing pages for the floor but that could also just be done with a note since its such a simple one.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, DBCooper said:

Personally, I wouldn't add the stairs.  The extra stair is taking up valuable parking space to access a fairly small amount of storage space.

image.thumb.png.470d693d47056b762bf10dfc163b203b.png

Oh don't you worry we revised it for the parking spot.

image.thumb.png.3927acdf11251c753bdb492047306e5a.png