OSB Sheathing showing through standing seam metal roof

MN_JohnH

This is a fairly common occurrence where my OSB sheathing appears to be showing through my standing seam metal roofing when in physically based mode.
Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Roof problem.jpg

garage.plan

26 minutes ago, Designers_Ink said:

It is actually a reflection that looks like OSB.  Change the material to a matte finish or change the roughness to 100% using the rainbow tool, and it goes away.

This looks like it might be one of my free textures i give out, not a reflection, its part of the effect of having a really effective normal map, same goes for interior flooring or siding
You can do as ahomes suggested though I would use a metal texture instead

On 5/7/2024 at 8:57 AM, ahomes said:

@MN_JohnH I add a layer between the metal and OSB @ 1/16" for tar paper so its black.

This is the solution. This 'transparent' edge effect is quite common for some materials with a normal map. A color matched surface underneath is the solution. If you don't want to add a roof underlayment layer, you can make the OSB layer black, but the underlayment makes more sense. This same approach can be used to solve similar display issues for certain board & batten types of materials as well as for some tile textures with normal maps.